Not being able to private message/email

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonp88

Looking for help on figuring out how to private message and or email? It is saying

"Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Dont really know what this means, all I got is a question for the feed provider I am messaging. Can someone clarify?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking for help on figuring out how to private message and or email? It is saying

"Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Dont really know what this means, all I got is a question for the feed provider I am messaging. Can someone clarify?
When you are very new to the site, i.e. just joined, or perhaps joined some time ago, but have not previously posted, or only once or twice, you are classified as a 'newbie', and cannot send or receive PM messages as yet.

Once you have at least some posting history, then you are upgraded to member status,, no longer a newbie. At that point, then you can begin to send or receive PM messages as long as you have that option enabled in your forums profile. That's under the Edit Options link, accessible through the User CP (User Control Panel) link at the top of a forum page. Be sure that you have that turned on, and pick whether you want to receive PM's, and if so, whether you want to restrict that to members in your contact list and moderators. You can also set the options so that you'll receive an email notification of new PMs to the email address you provided.

brandonp88

I tried looking, but could not find anything. Plus I have been on here since 2011, but haven't really been active, just occasionally. Just to clarify I need to make a certain amount of posts to be able to message someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.