RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > New User / Getting Started Forum

New User / Getting Started Forum - The place for new users to discuss how to get started, and generally feel safe from the rest of the rabid technical community. If you just got your first scanner, this forum is for you. Please note: Posts are only moved from this forum by OP's request only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 12:37 PM

Post New user here and unfamiliar with the new technology

Just purchased a used RS 668 digital iscan from a retired police officer. As I am unfamiliar with all the new technology, the retired officer has upgraded this unit to the latest available upgrades such as whistler 1080 and dmr. I have no clue what all this means. It came with upgraded belt clip,fairly nice leather case with two antennas. I have programmed our zip in it and currently receiving most of what I want and a lot of what I don't want. I'm located in Tangipahoa parish Louisiana and would like to only program my local sherriffs office,neighboring sheriffs office,state police,and some smaller municipal police departments as well as some local fire department's within my desired area without listing to unwanted traffic. Reception is clear and clean on this unit but any pointers to further my educational values on this unit would be appreciated.

Last edited by MikeOxlong; 06-13-2018 at 1:28 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2018, 3:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Welcome to the forum! You may want to have a mod move your post to the RadioShack Scanner forum, where you'll probably get more informed responses to your inquiry. Other than that, check out Easier to Read Pro-668/PSR800 Digital Scanner and EZ-Scan/iScan Software Manual for an excellent online users manual to the PRO-668.

Tags
668 upgrade, dmr and search, louisiana, louisiana trunking, whistler 1080