Radio Shack PRO-651

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlue1ne

Hi there Boys and Girls from all walks of life. I recently purchased my first scanner. Hurray!. I am now having a very difficult time using it. I have figured out how to press the WX button and hear the National Weather and thats about it. I don't have a cord that you can plug into the computer and don't know anyone around to clone my device with. I have looked over the manual that the scanner comes with, but to no avail. I have searched the internet as well and haven't found anything along the lines that I'm looking for.

All I am trying to do is to manually enter a few frequencies. I am having a very hard time figuring this out as there seems to be a lack of tutorials on this subject,

If any of you could please help me by explaining to me how to input frequencies manually it would be much appreciated.

I have no experience with these whats so ever so any help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

John.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
While manual programming is possible, I think the general consensus these days is that you'd be best by computer programming your scanner. That said, here's a cable that I can verify works with Windows 10, at least: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shac...3oAAOSwyc1Zo56o:sc:USPSFirstClass!12077!US!-1. Appropriate programming software includes WIN500, PSREdit500, and ARC500. All have a 30-day trial period to allow you to test drive the software. I personally have used both WIN500 and PSREdit500, and find both to be fairly good.

DJ11DLN

If you are trying to program a trunked system, the software is the way to go. It's possible to do it manually, of course...but I personally have a lot of better things to do with my time than spend half of forever entering system info. The software is well worth the price. I use Win500 but any of the available programs will get the job done. A subscription to RadioReference so you can download the database is well worth the money too. That reminds me, mine is expired, need to renew...

Status
Not open for further replies.