Antenna truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuds_on

Premium Subscriber
I hope this is the right place to post this if not sorry please move thanks. i have a BCD436HP that i use in my truck its a ford expedition is there a antenna i can install that will up reception but not look like a crap low profile like? and will not brake the bank thanks for any info im sure this has been ask many times sorry. if look arount did not find anything.

DJ11DLN

What bands are you interested in? And what do you define as a "crap low profile?" Both Larsen and Laird make very good tri-band antennas that IMHO don't look bad at all. NMO mount in the center of the roof will be best but you can use a mag-mount base on them. Also the humble Spectrum Force mag mount works surprisingly well and shouldn't break anyone's bank, but it may not meet your standards of appearance.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

spuds_on

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys will have a look at some of them. Really don't know what i'm looking for lol i guess the one that will work the best with my scanner and not say look at at this big a## Antenna !!

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Here are some pics of my Larsen install using a Comet hatch mount:

Attachments

• RAV4 Mount 1.JPG
    RAV4 Mount 1.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 325
  • RAV$ Mount 3.JPG
    RAV$ Mount 3.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 319
  • RAV4 Mount 2.JPG
    RAV4 Mount 2.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 324

K7MFC

WRAA720
I have a front fender mount and the Larsen 150/450/800 tri-band antenna other have mentioned on my F-150 for my BCD996P2:

FbYlsC0.png

I purchased this from theantennafrm.com - they offer several vehicle specific mounting brackets, including Expedition. I've found the antenna to work pretty well overall; VHF/800 MHz seems to receive better than UHF.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
I have a front fender mount and the Larsen 150/450/800 tri-band antenna other have mentioned on my F-150 for my BCD996P2:

FbYlsC0.png

I purchased this from theantennafrm.com - they offer several vehicle specific mounting brackets, including Expedition. I've found the antenna to work pretty well overall; VHF/800 MHz seems to receive better than UHF.
Nice install location hows that do in car washes....

K7MFC

WRAA720
Just ordered that very same bracket for my f-150...
It fit very well on my '13 F-150 using the existing hardware and holes on the fender. I would suggest paining the bracket to match the truck as I have done, it really improves the look. DupliColor makes rattle cans that are close enough in color to Ford factory paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.