MFJ 1026 connexion issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quebec337

Hi,

I just got my MFJ 1026 connected to my SDRRsp2 and.....even the loudest signals I had before connecting the MFJ are not there anymore (whether the MFJ is ON or OFF, doesn't make any difference).

Can't see what I'm doing wrong : the antenna (80 longwire with 9 : 1 Balun) comes in the PL 259 ''Main antenna'' slot, and comes out of the ''Radio'' slot. Help ! :)

Matt

Quebec337

Thanks for your time.

Well, to sum it up, I've got two antennas :

Antenna "A" (a simple 80 feet longwire) is connected into the "A" port on the back of the SDRrsp2, without being in contact at all with the MFJ 1026.

Antenna "B" (an 80 feet longwire with a 9 : 1 Balun) goes directly into the PL259 main antenna slot of the MFJ 1026, then gets out through the "Radio" slot le the 1026, and then goes into the "High Z" port of the SDRrsp2.

I'm scratching my head here....can't see what I dis wrong. Strangely, even the performance of the "A" antenna was diminished by 50 % (without even being in contact at all with the 1026). And for the antenna "B" (High Z), the signals and reception are simply desastrous.....

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.