Uniden BCD536HP - P25 Phase II Adding Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandB

Hi all!

We live down in the Niagara Region and recently the St. Catharines Fire channels have been changed to P25 Phase II

We own a Uniden BCD536HP and I was told we should be able to pick up the following channels (will attach a screen shot from our Sentinel program).

Can anyone let me know a) if the Uniden BCD536HP will actually pick up the channels I want to hear
b) if I need to tweak some settings in Sentinel

I have added them, but when I scan, the channels just seem to stop dead, no sound at all.

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• sent.jpg
    sent.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 142

troymail

Silent Key
It looks like you may have programmed the system frequencies as conventional channels... that won't work.

If the system isn't already in the RRDB/library (which would be the easier way to program the system into your radio), you'll need to create a new "P25 Trunk" system in Sentinel.

troymail

Silent Key
Looking at the database, it is possible the talkgroups you are interested in were only recently added to the database:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8677

They should be picked up and included in the Uniden library that should come out tomorrow....

If you have this system already programmed in your radio, you might just need to add the talkgroups and/or put the radio into ID Search mode (vs the default ID Scan) to receive them.

Status
Not open for further replies.