new scanner and I can't get okc police

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller272

I have a WS1040 and i'm using the Win500 to download. I can get all the Con channels I want but I can't hear anything on the trunking side. I'm trying to get OKC police and fire. Please help.

troymail

Silent Key
The most common initial mistake for trunk systems when using Win500 is importing talkgroups but not importing any sites.... Which system (and sites of that system) did you try to import?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a WS1040 and i'm using the Win500 to download. I can get all the Con channels I want but I can't hear anything on the trunking side. I'm trying to get OKC police and fire. Please help.

The most common initial mistake for trunk systems when using Win500 is importing talkgroups but not importing any sites.... Which system (and sites of that system) did you try to import?
In addition to Troy's comments, making sure that you imported the site details, there are a couple of other issues to consider.

If you are trying to monitor OKC PD on the city's trunked system, be aware that OK City PD is using ProVoice on that system. Your WS1040 cannot decode ProVoice. It is not encrypted, but it is a signal format that cannot be monitored by most scanners. Some of the newer Uniden scanners, such as the x36HP series, SDS100, and the BCD996P2/BCD325P2, can monitor ProVoice transmissions with a paid upgrade. (A few tactical & investigative talkgroups are encrypted ProVoice, which no scanner can receive, but Dispatch and the majority of other TGIDs are simply ProVoice.)

However, it appears that the Oklahoma City PD dispatch channels are also linked to analog talkgroups on the multi-county OKWIN system. Be sure to import the correct site as well as the desired talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.