will Rv antenna Signal Amp fry my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read all the relevent threads but i just want to make sure if i use an rv antenna with signal amplifier it wouldnt damage my scanner by overloading it with too much power or something i read something in the manual of bcd996p2 that said dont hook the audio jack to the antenna jack and something elseit could damage the reciever. i have no idea if a signal amplified can damage the antenna jack

Last edited:

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
That is extremely rare. a signal amp hooked to the antenna jack shouldn't damage the scanner. But depending on the amp and signals your trying to receive. It could "overload" the scanner, meaning performance might be degraded as the signal is to strong.

N8IAA

I have read all the relevent threads but i just want to make sure if i use an rv antenna with signal amplifier it wouldnt damage my scanner by overloading it with too much power or something i read something in the manual of bcd996p2 that said dont hook the audio jack to the antenna jack and something elseit could damage the reciever. i have no idea if a signal amplified can damage the antenna jack

When we had a travel trailer, I used to use the TV antenna with the amp to receive weak signals when we weren't watching TV. Won't hurt anything. I liked being able to aim the antenna at the signal.

HTH,

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.