new bedford/cambridge/lowell etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperboy28

Premium Subscriber
how can I import these police and fire systems to my ws1065? I can not find them to import on RR.
new Bedford
lowell
Cambridge
worcester

K4EET

Chaplain
paperboy28,

Just wanted to jump in here and say Welcome to Radio Reference!

As for the municipalities, did you see them in the listing for your area under "Databases" ---> "Frequency Database" ---> Your State ---> Middlesex County ---> Lowell Police and Fire and so on?

Cheers! Dave

N8IAA

how can I import these police and fire systems to my ws1065? I can not find them to import on RR.
new Bedford
lowell
Cambridge
worcester

All of those cities are on the MA commonwealth system

I believe you have a misconception of how trunk systems work. It seems that you are trying to monitor counties that are not near you. Unless you can hear the Control Channel frequencies, you'll not be able to hear those cities and counties. Too much distance equals not being able to receive.

HTH,
Larry

mule1075

Feed Provider

I believe you have a misconception of how trunk systems work. It seems that you are trying to monitor counties that are not near you. Unless you can hear the Control Channel frequencies, you'll not be able to hear those cities and counties. Too much distance equals not being able to receive.

HTH,
Larry
He should be able to receive Cambridge and Lowell from Boston. Cambridge simulcasts there p-25 dispatch talkgroups on analog also. Lowell is still conventional analog if I remember correct. Worcester might be a stretch to receive. New Bedford is still analog conventional for police and fire also.

Last edited:

ecps92

No they are not all on the State TRS

New Bedford is on it's own Conventional Frequencies
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1215#cid-18300

Lowell is on it's own Conventional Frequencies.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1221#cid-2086

Worcester and Cambridge are on the Commonwealths P25 TRS as their own Zones/Sites

From his stated location of Boston, depending on his antenna and the Distances
He might hear Lowell
He would not hear New Bedford
He will not hear Worcester
He should hear Cambridge

HTH,
Larry

K4EET

Chaplain
paperboy28,

As you can see, we need a little more information from you with the questions above. Also, with respect to you being in Boston, are you in the city proper or perhaps further west, northwest, etc. from Boston in the suburbs? It will make a difference in our responses where we are trying to figure out just who you might hear and might not hear. Thanks!

Cheers! Dave

RKG

He should be able to receive Cambridge and Lowell from Boston. Cambridge simulcasts there p-25 dispatch talkgroups on analog also. Lowell is still conventional analog if I remember correct. Worcester might be a stretch to receive. New Bedford is still analog conventional for police and fire also.

New Bedford PD is mixed mode conventional, with 99% of traffic digital (CAI).

Status
Not open for further replies.