new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry9x9

Just making my first post to say hi.

Diving into the world of a digital scanner that will cover my area. So far looks like I'll be spending a bit more than my father's old analog scanners from the 80's. lol

AlphaFive

Welcome

Welcome to you Henry. You simply have to decide what will hold your interest. Then you will know what you want to invest in.. take care. As I type, I cant recall if you posted a general area you are located in. You will find over time that when you have a question, it does help a large amount to see where you are emanating from, it will get you more replies, take care wherever you may be out there.

Of course now I see Flythunderbird was already on it... Just not paying attention

Last edited:

rcool101

Feed Provider

Diving into the world of a digital scanner that will cover my area. So far looks like I'll be spending a bit more than my father's old analog scanners from the 80's. lol
Welcome....Oh scanners weren't cheap then...We made less money then too....Enjoy

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
henry9x9 - Welcome ! good to have ya.
well you are Correct, basic scanners are pretty cheap, even Today.
But it you want Full Coverage or Digital Trunking , then prepare to pay a little more.
In the 1980's I had a AOR 1000 scanner capable of scanning everything from 25 - 1300 Mhz , I could even pick up cordless phones and cellular phones. It cost $1000 in 1989. still have it Today.

K4EET

Chaplain

Yes, digital scanners can be pricey but their capabilities are awesome. If you let us know what system(s) you will be wanting to listen to, like has been said we can offer up what scanner(s) would be best for your area. And since encryption is being used on quite a few systems these days and no scanner can decode those transmissions, we can also warn you if any of your "favorite" systems are encrypted.

Finally but most important... Welcome to Radio Reference!

Cheers! Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.