After re-banding I need to change my sys frequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

crestview

Premium Subscriber
they changed my system frequencies (re banding) and I need to to go back in free scan and change them but cant find them. How do I get them on free scan so I can check them and or change them. Can someone tell me where or how to find then so I can change them ?
I'm a novice at this so any help is always appreciated !

Glenn

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You have to hook the scanner to the computer, and open freescan. You want to read the contents of the scanner. DO NOT write to the scanner. After you read, and it opens in its browser, find the system in question and go from there..

Is it just rebanding or did it turn digital?

Can you post a link to the system?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
See if someone has already reported the system change...start here (links are in blue)...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=55&tab=trs

Barring this, check in the Wisconsin forum. There's very little rebanding being reported anymore, but a great many systems are moving to Phase 2 digital, which only some scanners support. Which system is it, and what radio are you using (many try to use FreeScan with radios that it doesn't support)?

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Assuming here that you are using a radio that FreeScan supports, and this is the system in question...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=254

FreeScan will automatically set up the correct frequencies and custom tables needed to support rebanding. The user guide, which is hosted in our wiki, describes this. See the very bottom of;

Freescan Create Site - The RadioReference Wiki

The user guide is also accessible in FreeScan via Help / Online Help from the taskbar on the right.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.