BCD436HP help

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiobear3918

Premium Subscriber
I'm frustrated trying to program my scanner. Had it done by the place in Ma. but can't remember their name. Anyway they missed a lot of frequencies. Tried to use Sentinel, watched the Youtube on it but what Mr. Upman shows is different then what I get. Doing Ohio-Franklin County-Hilliard. but only thing that comes up is nationwide-state wide-public service. Clicked all of them and found nothing. So is there anyone in the central Ohio area that can help me. Willing to pay. I'm old and hate computers. Thanks to all. Bear:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm frustrated trying to program my scanner. Had it done by the place in Ma. but can't remember their name. Anyway they missed a lot of frequencies. Tried to use Sentinel, watched the Youtube on it but what Mr. Upman shows is different then what I get. Doing Ohio-Franklin County-Hilliard. but only thing that comes up is nationwide-state wide-public service. Clicked all of them and found nothing. So is there anyone in the central Ohio area that can help me. Willing to pay. I'm old and hate computers. Thanks to all. Bear:
Bear,

Welcome to RadioReference

I presume that when you say it was pre-programmed "by the place in MA", you mean ScannerMaster.

From your description, I'd start with verifying that the scanner has your correct location set. See How it Works: Location, Location, Location

Also, I would suggest that you make sure that the scanner has the latest database version. You can do that by loading Sentinbel on your PC (if you have not already done so), updating Sentinel, then writing that to the scanner.

I would also make sure that you have the correct Service Types enabled. Generally, when shipped, only "Dispatch" service types are on (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, etc). Also make sure that you enable the Tac & Talk service types for Public Safety (Law Talk, Fire Tac, EMS Tac, Multi-Talk).

Guidance on how to do everything noted above can be found in the Easier to Read Manual. This one for the scanner itself, and for Sentinel, use this.

If you really prefer to seek someone in your area to walk you through this, the I'd suggest that you request that your thread be moved to the Ohio state forum. [FONT=&quot]To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the red outlined triangle in the upper right corner of your original post, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.[/FONT]

radiobear3918

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help. I down loaded my scanner onto Sentinel. Looks like all I need is there but not coming across my scanner. They changed the forum and do not see a red triangle anymore. Thanks. Bear:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help. I down loaded my scanner onto Sentinel. Looks like all I need is there but not coming across my scanner. They changed the forum and do not see a red triangle anymore. Thanks. Bear:
In the new forum, use the Report link that you see in the lower left corner of your post. Make your request to have the thread moved to the state forum, if you still wish to do that. (I originally answered your first post in the old system, but the setup had changed by the time you read the answer.)

Another thing that you may want to do, either here in this forum, or after it's moved to the state forum (if you submit the request) is to post your programming file as an attachment.
Attaching an *.hpe file to a post

Use Sentinel to "read from scanner" if you have made changes on the scanner that were not also made in Sentinel.
Then, export the resulting Favorites list(s) into an *.hpe file. Then, attach that to a post and upload so that we can take a peek & see if anything is out of place. The Export function is listed under the File drop-down menu.

If you cannot directly attach an *.hpe file to your post, you can use this workaround:
To upload an *.hpe file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your exported *.hpe file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or other file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your exported file 'MyFile.hpe' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.hpe.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.hpe, then it can be imported into Sentinel for viewing.

KD8HMJ

hi bear im in dublin ohio work in hilliard .i listen to the coirs system everyday.email me at kd8hmj@gmail .com.leave a way for me to contact you and ill help you set it up.john kd8hmj

Status
Not open for further replies.