Did you feel it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
not an incident but rather strange experience..

I was in Pearl River NY yesterday and at approx 4:05pm while inside a restaurant we felt an earthquake.

Their was about 10 seconds of a slight movement of the ground, a few seconds later there was another that lasted about the same amount of time. then about 2-3 minutes later as we walked out to our car we felt a 3rd slight (less than 5 seconds) movement of the ground. Several others in the restaurant perked their heads up including the waitress we were speaking with and said "oh my, that's an earthquake!" I remember hearing the glasses lined up where i was standing at the time clinking together.

we confirmed what we felt as we walked out and spoke to another person who said he indeed felt it too and was mentioned it by another passer-by as well, he also said that he was outside the whole time and no trains had passed by at all. Our location was right next to the railroad tracks, however no trains were passing by and I have been there enough times to know the feeling when a commuter train runs through town.

on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say a 2 because it was enough to myself and the people who were seated next to where I was standing both pick their heads up and look around as ask what we felt.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You might poke around http://www.usgs.gov/ and see what you can find. The quake may have been recorded.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Dup

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Dup

Last edited:

WouffHong

Status
Not open for further replies.