17 Year Old Leads Police On A Multi-COunty Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Friday Night, UPD was called to an auto shop on Oriskany Blvd, for a car that was just stolen off the lot. 10 minutes after a BOLO, State Troopers observed the hummer on Route 12 in Bridgewater, and started the pursuit. Only lasted for about 5 minutes before being called off in Madison County. Then was picked up again shortly after. Everyone made good use of 155.370 PD I/A.

Full Story From WKTV

Attachments

• LateeBaker.jpeg
    LateeBaker.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 213

rbm

I followed that through Chenango County and into Broome County when they deployed the stop-sticks.
He was swerving all over the road.

They searched for a long time before they found him.

Rich

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
When Troopers first started pursuing in Bridgewater, they said he was all over the road, speeds up to 95. For safety thats why it was initially called off

rbm

Through Chenango and Broome County he was deliberately aiming at oncoming cars, trying to run them off the road.

They finally set up the stop-sticks in a section of road that had guard rails and almost no shoulders.
He couldn't miss them unless he stopped.
He didn't stop, and he hit the sticks.

Then he jumped out of the car and ran into a culvert and off into the woods.

I have to give the NYSP lots of credit. They were chasing him through the woods for several hours.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
What a dumb ***. Can't outrun a Canine, or Radios.
From what I understood about the original call, A shop owner was checking on his business, which he is a car dealer.He left his own car running in the driveway, and thats when the kid hopped in and drove off.

Status
Not open for further replies.