Mobilemedic

Status
Not open for further replies.

nozzlenut83

I assume Mobilemedic EMS in Sullivan County??

I've heard them being dispatched by Sulivan County on 155.2050 (PL 94.8 I believe) loud and clear from Dutchess and Ulster County. I don't know if they have any frequencies they use privately.

Hope this helps,
nozzlenut83

D

DaveNF2G

There is nothing licensed to that name. What is the name of the company that operates Mobilemedic?

D

DaveNF2G

I guess we would need to find out the name of the person who holds the d/b/a for the company to find any radio licenses.

Alternatively, they could be using MURS (foolish for an emergency service) or they might be customers of a local commercial radio shop (also not the best arrangement for emergency services). Their utilization of area emergency frequencies could be authorized by letters of permission from those licensees.

D

DaveNF2G

No licenses for that name, either.

One other possibility is that the entity that holds any Mobilemedic radio licenses is headquartered in another state and searching for licenses in New York would turn up nothing.

orangEMT246

Maybe they use Nextel for their private communications. (inter-facility transports, assigning 911 calls, etc...) Dave brought up earlier the permission to use other agencies frequencies. With this setup, would Mobilemedic need to have a FCC license for radio use?

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Seems maybe someone bought them in 1996......

Current Entity Name: MOBILE MEDIC AMBULANCE CORP. OF SULLIVAN COUNTY
Initial DOS Filing Date: AUGUST 11, 1992
County: SULLIVAN
Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
Current Entity Status: INACTIVE - Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Jun 26, 1996)

namhcor

I thought they were bought out by Mobile Life Support (MLS) several years ago. Does MLS still operate on any of the old VHF channels or are they strictly UHF now?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I thought they were bought out by Mobile Life Support (MLS) several years ago. Does MLS still operate on any of the old VHF channels or are they strictly UHF now?

Mobile Life operates primarily on Goosetowns Passport, they still have their VHF system in place as a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.