Mercy Flight WNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTFire21

Does anyone know if 453.175 which is licensed to both Sloan FD and Mercy Flight is just for Lancaster/Cheektowaga to Mercy Flight or if that will be available county wide? I see it is listed now in the Town of Lancaster's new channels.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Mercy Flight is also assigned the following frequency: 155.8275 MHz under the callsign: WQJZ818 located in Buffalo, as for them providing countywide coverage, DaveNF2G has a website: http://nf2g.com which may address that issue or contact him directly.

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

I believe 453.175 is used by Mercy Flight Central, not the Buffalo area Mercy Flight.

BTFire21

Dave Mercy Flight of WNY is licensed by the FCC as WQJZ818 as found by doing a simple search on fcc.gov

D

DaveNF2G

I have all of their frequencies on my website. The point I was trying to make is that there is more than one Mercy Flight service in New York State and they have different home frequencies. Mercy Flight Central, with bases in Canandaigua and Marcellus, uses 453.175 MHz as their main operating channel. Mercy Flight, based in Buffalo, does not.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
dave is correct ive done some minor research into this topic. the frequncies are diffrent

BTFire21

I have now confirmed that Mercy Flight of WNY is in fact now using 453.175. This frequency qill be used by them for comms that occur on 155.715.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
A look at the license grant date for WQJZ818, which was 02/27/2009, should make it readily apparent that Mercy Flight WNY only recently started operating on these UHF frequencies, which previously only Mercy Flight Central operated on. It really doesn't matter what they did in the past, these things tend to evolve and change over time, hence the reason for new licenses being granted in the first place. Sounds like the RR database and Dave's site need updating, not the other way around. ;)

D

DaveNF2G

If an update is needed, I will be happy to make it.

Since the new frequency for MFWNY is confirmed, what is the PL tone or DCS code in use?

swann3030

I have been monitoring all the listed freq. in the database for Mercy Flight including the trunked freq. I have little to no results. Does anyone know if these are very active frequencies? Are they dispatched and communicate via cell phone or other methods?

tuffaznalz

Unless your near somewhere they frequently land and/or lift-off from your not going to hear much. Even then the Tx is quick and brief.

If you're near Trauma Ctr. try 123.025 and 123.050, air to air coms. Can be real busy at times.

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
Mercy Flight on 453.1750 is using a PL of 110.9. I am in range of one of their repeaters and I hear them whenever they are in the air. I have never heard any kind of dispatch activity on this channel unless they were already in the air. When they are on the air they give location checks, patient condition info for the hospital etc. In general it is not a very busy channel but interesting listening.

Ed

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other then on the local fire channel, why would you dispatch if the guys are in the waiting room anyways? just sayin.....;)

N0BDW

46.22 is often used for LZ coordination with fire/EMS on the ground. Most of the time it is the local FD setting up the LZ, and around here most departments / counties are still on low band (45 - 46 MHz) for fire and/or EMS.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Mercy Flight

the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other then on the local fire channel, why would you dispatch if the guys are in the waiting room anyways? just sayin.....;)

]the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other,

Why do you say that, I have all the mercy flight frequencies in my scanner and the trunked system I here them on these frequences and they are very busy at times, I have been listening to them for several years and I was one of the people who found a lot of these frequencies and submitted them, so if it is slim to none to here anything on these frequencies I must be very lucky to find them ????
Steve

N0BDW

]the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other,

Why do you say that, I have all the mercy flight frequencies in my scanner and the trunked system I here them on these frequences and they are very busy at times, I have been listening to them for several years and I was one of the people who found a lot of these frequencies and submitted them, so if it is slim to none to here anything on these frequencies I must be very lucky to find them ????
Steve

I think there is a misunderstanding. He didn't say you won't hear anything, he said you won't likely hear them being dispatched. The reason being, they have staff on site. Rather than call them over the radio, they can probably walk up to them in person, or however they do it. But they don't need to call them on the radio (i.e. fire tone out) because they are already there.

eng5

Premium Subscriber
...but you'll often hear Mercy Flight Central notifying crews of an incoming job on 453.175. My guess is they are already in the air. If you want to know as soon as the decision is made to bring in the helicopter, fire dispatch is the place to be.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Mercy Flight on 453.1750 is using a PL of 110.9. I am in range of one of their repeaters and I hear them whenever they are in the air. I have never heard any kind of dispatch activity on this channel unless they were already in the air. When they are on the air they give location checks, patient condition info for the hospital etc. In general it is not a very busy channel but interesting listening.

Ed

I'm not sure where you ya'll are at, but I hear them dispatching, but they dispatch in code and in gps
location information. I hear both the base and the helicopters.

Status
Not open for further replies.