Little help with this freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCRADIO

okay these two freq. 154.3400 & 155.2800 is listed for broad channel vfd , west hamilton vfd ,flatlands vac. lindenwood vac,

i hear the fd tones come threw and all the calls going out but the streets and jobs are all in nassau county i believe its deer park vfd using that channel now

is there other freq. west ham and broad channel using?

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Little help with this frequency

The FCC & Cityfreq. databases show the following:

Flatlands VAC
4632 Avenue N
Brooklyn
KAQ513
155.28 MHz
155.715 MHz

WPYX242
462.475 MHz
467.425 MHz

Broad Channel FD
15 Noel Rd.
Queens
KJN880
46.46 MHz (This frequency is also Suffolk County Fire Controls primary countywide dispatch channel)
155.28 MHz

Nothing comes up on any of the databases for 154.34 MHz in Queens or Brooklyn. Check N2NOVs website, (He is a RR member) under NYC volunteer ambulance & fire department frequencies, it's an extensive listing for everything in the greater NY area. I wish I could have been of further assistance to you. Maybe someone local to you will respond to your thread with possible frequency updates that possibly may not have reached the databases yet.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page

Scanner Frequencies

www.n2nov.net

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

NYCRADIO

i'm not sure how to set the pl/dpl on my scanner i dnt think u can? i have a pro 20-18 desktop scanner and a radio shack nascar scanner

captmfa7112

Premium Subscriber
Both frequencies are still currently in use by both departments along with other VACs within the city. Remember that these frequencies are relatively low power and designed to cover their respective areas.

What part of NYC are you in? If you are not close and don't have a good antenna, your not going to hear them. Hope this helps...

NYCRADIO

i'm in maspeth queens and i have a outdoor antenna i pick up alot of traffic on that channel but it's deer park vfd i hear the most and flatland vac

captmfa7112

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure you will be able to hear them then. Try listening at 8pm and 9pm. West Hamilton does their radio test at 8pm nightly and Broad Channel does theirs at 9pm nightly.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I dont think you can with that model.it would have a mode button to change the receiving from fm to pl or dpl values.for example broad channel vac uses a pl tone of 186.2 and suffolk med comm uses 156.7.I nvest in a pl/dpl capable scanner and enter the tone values for the departments you wish to hear and that will help block unwanted voice traffic

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Little help with this frequency "or" An utter lack of detail on this thread

SCANdal, I checked that frequency 3 times on several websites & databases since my last post & there are absolutely no FCC licenses for the fire service allocation frequency: 154.34 MHz issued to any agency, corps, department or squad in the five boros of New York City. This doesn't mean that it is not used, obviously it is. Maybe one of the locals who are frequency savvy can enlighten you better. Wish I could have given you some good news.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page

Cityfreq.com - police scanner frequencies Resources and Information.This website is for sale!

www.n2nov.net

Welcome to PerCon Corp.com

SCANNER FREQUENCIES - Online Database - Find Scanner Frequencies In Your Area

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

154.340 is also eastchester ny <rockland> fire. i've been listening to them. it's also neptune twp. <monmouth> nj fire.

FLRAILMAN

Banned
154.34 MHz

SCANdal wants to know about users, allocations, assignments & licenses in New York CIty only.

FLRAILMAN

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
154.340 is also eastchester ny <rockland> fire. i've been listening to them. it's also neptune twp. <monmouth> nj fire.

Eastchester is in Westchester County, not Rockland.

The only licensed users for 154.340 in downstate NY are Newburgh (Orange) and Eastchester (Westchester). The only hit on the adjacent narrowbanded 154.3325 and 154.3475 for downstate NY is Red Cross (Suffolk) on 154.3475. Nothing for NYC, however.

captmfa7112

Premium Subscriber
West Hamilton Beach VFD

SCANdal,

I can confirm that West Hamilton Beach VFD is actively using 154.34 pl 186.2 as their operations frequency for unit to base and unit to unit communications. This is all simplex and uses Motorola Maxtrac radios in the rigs and a 50 watt base unit.

They tone out their pagers on 155.28 pl 186.2

Finally, for "fireground" operations the old city HT frequency 153.830 is used in CSQ mode with Motorola Saber I's

Hope this helps

n2nov

SCANdal,

I can confirm that West Hamilton Beach VFD is actively using 154.34 pl 186.2 as their operations frequency for unit to base and unit to unit communications. This is all simplex and uses Motorola Maxtrac radios in the rigs and a 50 watt base unit.

They tone out their pagers on 155.28 pl 186.2

Finally, for "fireground" operations the old city HT frequency 153.830 is used in CSQ mode with Motorola Saber I's

Hope this helps

Hmmm. Sounds like unlicensed use of the frequency to me, eh?

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
any chance it could be connecticut. milford is 154.34 with a pl of 100 maybe skip? just taking a guess.

FLRAILMAN

Banned
little help with this frequency &quot;or&quot; An utter lack of detail on this thread

Charles, do you remember when NYPD started transitioning to the new UHF frequencies from the old VHF high band frequencies? Do you remember that they just totally ignored their FCC issued callsign & up & used their own custom callsign? Can any Noo Yawkas guess this one? And while we are doing the memory lane thing, can any Big Appletons remember the NYPD emergency number before 911? And last but not least, what happens when you dial that number now? This should be a no-brainer for you retired mofs. AHHH, I love the sound of Federal Pulsators in the morning.

www.policeny.com/home.html

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.