Monroe county sheriffs 460.475

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
i have a dead key on 460.475 I am useing pro-197 to listen to p25. So the dead key is stoping my scanner from scanning so I had to lock out this freq. Is anyone haveing the same problem ? I have checked this on my other scanners in analog an I am geting that same dead key. I have full signal and I can hear the audio on my Pro-197 when thay key the repeater, just when thay stop talking I still have a signal with full bars. This is the only prob Im haveing with this scanner,but i dont think its the scanner i this its the repeater. If anyone can help or has info on this please let me know.....

Thanks 511

d_strong

I'm using a BC785D with digital card installed it only stops on this channel 460.475 for a couple of seconds before it continues to scan. There are no issues with the audio when the channel is in use it's more of a nuisance than anything else. This is the only sheriff department channel that this is happening on.

SCPD

QRT
re:460.475

Thanks for geting back so fast. I have full signal bars on 460.475 with clear audio only when the repeater is keyed. I also hear in between dead air un-decoded p25 that sounds like buzzing and static like Im hearing it in analog. Very weird and its not my scanner it has to be the repater or something I cant tell. I have to lock the channel out or my scanner will not scan,its just stuck on 460.475

Thanks again 511

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
I am having the same problem. I live near Browncroft and Clark and I have a full quieting signal.

Ed
W2ER

W2ER

Premium Subscriber

I just looked at it with a spectrum analyzer and I'm not seeing anything but a dead carrier which is not quite full quieting. I see noise on it when there isn't P25. The P25 looks normal.

The level of the carrier does waver +- 3db at my location.

Any info on how big any area this carrier is heard?

I I get a chance later I will check levels in a couple of different spots to see if I can localize it.

Ed

SCPD

QRT
Re: 460.475

Thanks for takein a look at that ED. I thought it was weird when my scanner stoped on that channel with signal and no audio. I had to lock the channel out for now, tryed usein ATT to cut the db's down on the signal but no luck. I wonder if the signal can be tracked down to one place ?

Thanks 511

Last edited:

W2ER

Premium Subscriber

I'm using a PSR-500 and if I add the NAC to the channel I can scan it without a problem. I'm not sure if the PRO-197 can do that, but if it does that might be a temporary fix. According to the database the NAC is 7F3.

I didn't get out yet to try and track it down, if all goes well I will do it tomorrow.

Ed

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
The signal is coming from the antenna site at the end of Harris Whalen Park Road. At the gate I had rock solid full quieting with no antenna and attenuation turned on.

Ed

SCPD

QRT
RE: Harris Whalen Park Road

I Know where that is across from wegmans, i wonder if this is a radio transmitter problem just at that one site ? thanks for the input ED

5 1 1

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I know that like someone else said, if I have the nac , i don't get the signal. Just weird. :)

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
If any one knows someone at radio center, you might want to let them know. There isn't any data on it so i suspect that it is probably a problem.

dgoodnough

Hey gang, hoping you can help me. I have tried setting up my 996xt for a single trunk system for the sheriff dispatch on 460.475. Am I setting something up wrong? I am trying to get the NAC codes you guys are talking about, but when the channel keys up, I am getting 2 different ID's, FFFh and 1h. I have it set up for Hex codes, where I did not before and was getting the decimal equivalent (Figured this out on my own). The database at RR is showing an NAC code of 7F3, which I set in both my 996xt and my 396xt. My 396xt is allowing the sheriff dispatch come through just fine, while the 996xt is showing the FFFh and 1h NAC's. Am I setting up my single trunk site wrong with the ARC software, or am I missing something else completely. I would like to learn how to use this function on the scanner to figure out more codes, and to get the right ones.
Thanks in advance for any help. (The user manuals for the scanner and software don't offer any useful help).

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Well, it's not a trunk system. All you need to do is program 460.475 and you be able to hear them.You'll them be able to see the nac code. The otheer thing you can do is if you have a membership to RR, you could use that along with FreeScan and program Monroe county. :)

dgoodnough

I already have Monroe county programmed in and working. I was just trying to figure out how folks got the NAC codes, so I did some reading in the forum and found out how, by setting up a single channel trunk P25 with this freq. I just keep getting different codes showing up than what is posted in the DB on RR. I am just trying to learn the functions of the scanner better. I saw this thread and added the 3F7 NAC to my setup to block some interference I was receiving also.

Thanks for any help!

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I also have the BCD996XT, you should see the Nac code flashing on the lower right side of the front screen,if not, you can have the scanner search for the nac. The easiest way is to set the audio type to digital and it will ask if you want to search for the nac code.

Last edited:

dgoodnough

It is currently set to search the ID's. The "Search ID" is scrolling across the screen and when the squelch breaks, it is showing the ID: FFFh or 1h each time. No NAC code flashing on the right side of the screen.

dgoodnough

I understand that. I was reading another thread that stated to get or learn the NAC codes, to program a site into the scanner, P25 single chanel trunk, and set to search the ID's. I have done that to try to search, but I am not getting the 7F3 code, I am getting the other 2 I stated earlier. The 2 I am getting I have now figured out are FFFh= dispatcher only NAC, and 1h= cars to dispatcher. Now I am wondering if I should lock out these two ID's and see if the scanner is just not getting to the correct repeater NAC before locking on to these.
I hope I made my question a bit clearer. Again I do know MC is a conventional P25.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Ok,I don't think you understand. But ok I give up trying to explain to you that it's not A TRUNK system no matter how you want to call it. It's a 100% conventional system and programing it to be a P25 single trunk will get you nothing. But ok do it your way.

dgoodnough

I know it is not a trunk system. I have Monroe county set up already in the scanner as a conventional system. I am trying figure out how to get the NAC codes myself, by using the scanner, not just by getting it from the RR website. Another thread said to plug in a new system, a single channel trunk P25, so you can search the ID's (NAC codes ) being used. When I try this, I am not getting the 7F3 code that is listed on the RR site. Does this make sense? Sorry if this is so confusing.

Thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.