Greece (Monroe County) Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmer166

Feed Provider
Hi,

Am wondering if the frequency 460.350 that is listed in the database is the channel for the Greece Police (Monroe County)? I have programed it in my digital scanner but do not hear anything, even when locked on freq. The other channels work fine. RPD, Towns North, Sheriffs. Any idea?

Thanks

Scott

elmer166

Feed Provider
Radio Shack Pro 197. All the other police channels work no problem. Should I connect it to my extrenal antenna? is it encrypted?

tuffaznalz

I have the same problem on my Radio Shack but, my Uniden picks Gates/Greece up just fine.?.?
l also have issues with "TAC" channels with the RS.
Are you on the East side?

quinnow1

I'm new here. I just bought a BCD396XT to also monitor the Greece Police Channels as a result of them going digital. Using a digital scanner is a whole new world for me but we use them for work purposes ( Tow company) Does anyone know if Greece just uses that signle freq and also is the one you guys posted above all i need to enter in order to monitor both greece 911 dispatch and also the officers? and is there also a Freq that the state police use ( mostly interested in the SP cars on 390)

I just need to hope it is easy to program. UPS states it arrives tomorrow.

tuffaznalz

I'm new here. I just bought a BCD396XT to also monitor the Greece Police Channels as a result of them going digital. Using a digital scanner is a whole new world for me but we use them for work purposes ( Tow company) Does anyone know if Greece just uses that signle freq and also is the one you guys posted above all i need to enter in order to monitor both greece 911 dispatch and also the officers? and is there also a Freq that the state police use ( mostly interested in the SP cars on 390)

I just need to hope it is easy to program. UPS states it arrives tomorrow.

460.350 is the Gates/Greece primary channel. The SP cars that work from Ridgeway up to the Parkway may also be on that channel.

tuffaznalz

@Scott
I took the RS scanner with me out to Greece today and it worked flawlessly. Heard traffic on both Greece and the TAC West channels. Have you tried a new antenna?

elmer166

Feed Provider
I have it hooked up to an external antenna on top of my house and to a booster. I do pick up the channel, not as good as the others, but I can hear it now.

Thanks

D

DaveNF2G

Have you tried without the "booster"? Usually all they do is make the interference stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.