Westchester County PD Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

comspec

Anyone else listening to WCPD on 155.310 notice any changes?

I appears that the town of Cortland car is no longer going by 27-Charlie, but is now going by 1-Adam. Heard this on the TMC frequency as well so I am pretty sure of this one.

The units at the airport are now going by Airport-1, Airport 2 , Airport Sgt, Etc, instead of Car 35.

There are two units I hear constantly now 45-Adam and 45-Baker. New unit ID for homeless shelter units?

Car 25 now goes by 25-Adam.

Of course there are all the "Parks" units, but that is to be expected for the summer.

The most interesting change is that I heard twice, the dispatcher call out a "Signal-4" only to correct himself and say "accident, no injuries" and I heard one unit call out "Signal-2" to correct herself and say "out of service"

Still hear them using "signal-20 and 22" I will need to keep listening to see what else I notice.

Anyone noticing any of these changes?

Also, unrelated to the radio, I have seen a handful of county cars in a new royal blue and white livery. I see them in the back lot of HQ, but I have only seen them on the news once at a bank robbery. Anyone know if these are just new cars with supervisors getting first crack at them or do these colors designate seperate units like the black and white "special enforcement (aka Speed Trap) vehicle"?

Last edited:

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
COMSPEC, The blue and white are the new color scheme for the new cars as they come in. The county ordered several new cars this year to replace the older ones. As for the supervisors getting 1st crack at them that is a given.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
Haz-Tac

Astrosaber

Premium Subscriber
Comspec,

The county pd as of 2 weeks ago, decided to drop the signal codes and start using plain english. This I was told, is a move for interop with other departments/agencies. But, I don't know if it's just the county pd, or this is going county wide.

DonMoose

Anyone else listening to WCPD on 155.310 notice any changes?

I appears that the town of Cortland car is no longer going by 27-Charlie, but is now going by 1-Adam. Heard this on the TMC frequency as well so I am pretty sure of this one.

The units at the airport are now going by Airport-1, Airport 2 , Airport Sgt, Etc, instead of Car 35.

There are two units I hear constantly now 45-Adam and 45-Baker. New unit ID for homeless shelter units?

Car 25 now goes by 25-Adam.

Of course there are all the "Parks" units, but that is to be expected for the summer.

The most interesting change is that I heard twice, the dispatcher call out a "Signal-4" only to correct himself and say "accident, no injuries" and I heard one unit call out "Signal-2" to correct herself and say "out of service"

Still hear them using "signal-20 and 22" I will need to keep listening to see what else I notice.

Anyone noticing any of these changes?

Also, unrelated to the radio, I have seen a handful of county cars in a new royal blue and white livery. I see them in the back lot of HQ, but I have only seen them on the news once at a bank robbery. Anyone know if these are just new cars with supervisors getting first crack at them or do these colors designate seperate units like the black and white "special enforcement (aka Speed Trap) vehicle"?

25 car is actually 45-baker, the previous 72 car (shelters) is 45-a. Airport cars are now Airport 1 thru whatever instead of being the 39 car. 35 car was never an airport car but the car for Playland Park. The blue/white is the new scheme for all the cars, they are slowly being changed out.

comspec

Thanks

45A= old 72
45B= old 25
1A=Old 27C

Airport (whatever) =Old 39
Sgt and Lts = old Car Numbers

Any ideas why 27C went to 1A and 72, 25 went to 45?

Also, I have a theory but anyone know who the SA units are?

It appears these are just "Special Assignment Units" and it is a catch all for any misc special event assignements.

one11sgt

Dont know for a fact but the old 27C was called 27C because Post 27 and the 27 Car is Croton Point Park. When the WCPD first took over Cortland patrols I think they created 27C since the car was turning out of the Post 27 Sub station. They called it Charlie for Cortland.
It is also my guess that now the Cortland car is now 1 Adam because that is the number of the Hotline station for Cortland, just as 13 is/was for Ossining Town.
I have no idea why 72 and 25 is now 45A/B.
Also just a guess on the Special Assignment cars, maybe the are the volunteer Sheriff's Special Emergency Force? (Auxiliary Police)

Last edited:

comspec

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Oh the mysteries. I would love to get my hands on a complete post listing.

The 1A makes sense and I knew 27C came from post 27. So this begs the question. is the grassand reservation still considered post 25? Do they still officially use post numbers or did that go away when the went plain text. Is there a post 45 and if so, where is it? Perhaps there was a hotline station 25 and the moved it in anticipation of taking over another small department? I thought Sleepy Hollow was looking at options? Sorry I know more questions than answers. That's what happens when changes occur, we get curious.

one11sgt

The only answer I have is that post 45 is/was Sprain Ridge Park in yonkers. I know that from being a seasonal park ranger years ago, that was my post.

comspec

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I listen to the F-3 radio test last Sunday. If I heard it right, Westchester County Police identified as Station 45 then called all the PDs by station number. So it appears that the radio IDs have gone from post numbers to hotline Id where appropriate. The parkways are still using the same designators.

And I just realized the obvious that with the parks units David is day and Eddie is evening. I don't know if there is a midnight tour for the parks.

Last edited:

one11sgt

Yup pretty obvious, lol good job. FYI....I added F3 to my WCPD feed about a month ago, so you can hear the test streaming now if you like.

one11sgt

Seems as if the post numbers are gone too. Just heard the dispatcher say to to a unit "in the area of former post 100"

Status
Not open for further replies.