NYSP using NYDEC frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
im always hearing the NYSP out of Marcy, ny and Remsen, NY using DEC frequencies to talk to oneida dispatch, wondering if anyone else has also heard this

Warthog1

Silent Key
I haven't heard this here in Troop G. Since they went to this Central Dispatch, DEC has a hard enough time communicating on their own !

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
after some investigating, i noticed that 159.39 Mhz is the input frequency for Oneida county sheriff, and is also a Park Police repeater frequency. so thats why i was hearing them.

c0untyb0y

that sounds accurate

you are correct sir. you have to understand, even though the NYSP and DEC are STATE agencies, they each have their own "sandbox" to play in, radio-wise. as long as the sand isn't mixed together, everyone is happy. what ought to happen, in all reality, is the SP Statewide channel should be available and used by any and all state level law enforcement agency - DEC, Parks, SUNY, etc. to communicate with not only each other but also a Troop Control Point in case of, you know, the "stuff" hits the fan. drop the Interagency channel in favor of the NIMS channels and then they can talk to everyone else. plus, 9 times out of 10, the state boys will have a county 9-1-1 MRD channel tuned in anyhow for collaborative countywide law enforcement operation. trust me, as a taxpayer I'm totally mystified by the myriad of radio systems at the state level for law enforcement. don't even get me started on the IT side of things!

Status
Not open for further replies.