Buffalo ch6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2ZBT

I was wondering if anyone else lessens to what is listed as Buffalo Police ch6/Sheriff Interagency, 460.27500? Never really heard anything on. A month or two ago I heard what sounded like school security. Before that I heard what sounded like someone from one dept. calling another, but no one ever answered. Lately it keeps opening up and I just get static.

BTFire21

460.275 is called the Central Police Services (CPS) frequency. It is a frequency that is supposed to be used as an inter operable frequency for all police agencies in Erie County. 460.275 is also cross banded to 155.580 for police agencies using VHF. The CPS frequency is in every police radio and dispatch console in Erie County.

Currently that frequency is being converted to a simulcast system along with the South town's Fire Controls,Erie County Parks and Highway. The Sheriffs Dept were the first users to move to the new simulcast system last year. I was just informed that the one repeater has an issue with it looping itself in transmit mode which accounts for the static you are hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.