Massive update to NYS DOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

(Notified by submitter of corrections to be made, these were completed as of 12:57 PM EDT)

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused if you had downloaded before this time.

Last edited:

mciupa

They are the same. But if you notice the inputs were deleted as it is a non-repeatered system.

Each county is now listed with it's FCC license. The old format showed merged counties and no license info.

The county descriptions should be clearer than before.

mciupa

Hi Matt, I haven't tried with my 996XT yet,( I have to update my Freescan) but I have heard Erie,Niagara,Chattaqua previously on the HomePatrol fudging my location as ZIP Code 14201 instead of my true location.

The updates come from a trusted member who resides in NY State.

SMFD34

FCC Callsigns

NYS DOT has numerous callsigns for UHF Frequencies including "KB41600" from the FCC database. According to the license grants there are 12 UHF frequencies (6 "pairs") and up to 650 units authorized at 2 watts. I have also directly monitored in the past one of these channels, 453.7625, that sounded like it was linking the DOT truck traffic back to the base. I have not directly heard what was used on-site for portables. I also know that the low band channels are still very active in my area where the 453.7625 was monitored.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Certain Areas might us UHF.....I know for a fact Greene County Uses Low Band....Most likely the most distant county from them....for traffic control....and YEs there are UHF links running base stations where they could do it......

esu78

mciupa- thanks for the info

is this being rolled out?
im down state (westchester) wasnt sure if this is in effect now... have not yet confirmed yet here..
thanks
John

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just to clarify, since I was the one who worked on this with Mike: This is more of a massive "cleanup" than actual "update". In fact, none of the frequencies or PL's were changed, we just cleaned up the listing by removing the input frequencies (since they don't operate on repeaters) and by making sure each county has their own entries so they're easier to find (Steuben County, for example, doesn't have their own base station radio towers, they rely on neighboring Allegany and Chemung. In the old listing Steuben didn't have their own listings, you had to find them under the other two counties.) We also clarified the relationship between the Base to Mobile and Mobile to Mobile usage, versus the Mobile to Base usage. And of course we added the FCC license info for each entry so that you can look up the license and map it with one click.

Now would be a great time for you guys to go over your local county or counties and verify the frequencies and PL's are correct. The original listing dates back to 2008, so it's certainly possible something may've changed in the past 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.