Hello New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hi there New Yorkers. I'll be heading there Sunday through Thursday for the IAFF Redmond Symposium and will be staying at the Hilton. From what i've been reading, it appears most of the FDNY and NYPD are still using UHF analog? I know of the UHF trunking system, and plan on programming that in too. Any suggestions for an out of town visitor to program in? I'm assuming not all Districts will be necessary?

bezking

You're correct, the NYPD and FDNY are still (amazingly) on UHF analog. You want to have the precinct for where you're staying as well as the Citywide (CW) frequencies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You're correct, the NYPD and FDNY are still (amazingly) on UHF analog. You want to have the precinct for where you're staying as well as the Citywide (CW) frequencies.

Thanks for the information. Is their a map somewhere with all the NYPD Precients and FDNY information? I checked the Wiki and saw nothing. Is the DOIT Trunking System have any purpose to program in for someone just popping in? I'll be at the Hilton on Avenue of Americas...South Manhattan I believe?

Last edited:

bezking

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I find the NYC DOITT GIS Map very helpful in locating precinct boundaries and FDNY stations.
NYCityMap • DoITT • City-Wide GIS

Hilton on 6th Ave (Ave of Americas) should be in NYPD Midtown North precinct, the frequency is 476.5875 PL 136.5
FDNY Manhattan operates on 154.250 MHz PL 186.2
EMS Manhattan Central operates on 483.4875 PL 85.4

Most visitors find it hard to understand anything on the radio because they rely heavily on 10 codes and speak a in different "accent". Have fun listening :)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to both of you, that should be enough for the short time i'm there and listening. The analog UHF frequencies will be the ones I plan on programming. FDNY i'll go through and figure out what i'll need too. I'm sure i'll be a tourist most of the trip, but my down time i'll turn it on for the entertainment value.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
Thought of something else....

If you plan to listen while walking around, bring a set of headphones. I have an HT1000 that I use to monitor and I usually clip it to the back of my belt and run a set earphones up the inside of my shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.