State Police Frequency 173.0750

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

I was doing a search of my town (Warwick, NY) on publicsafetytools.info, which is a public Department of Homeland Security radio site to see what agencies in my town are narrowband compliant, and which ones are not.

While looking through the report that was generated, there is a frequency 173.0750 licensed to the "State of New York, Division of State Police" in Warwick.

Does anyone know what this frequency is used for?

ecps92

LoJack Security Systems for Stolen Vehicle Recovery, GPS Anti-Theft and Persons at Risk
Used for their Vehicle, Boats, Construction equipment tracking in the USofA [different Frequencies for other countries]

Also this is not the same freq used for their SafetyNet project

I was doing a search of my town (Warwick, NY) on publicsafetytools.info, which is a public Department of Homeland Security radio site to see what agencies in my town are narrowband compliant, and which ones are not.

While looking through the report that was generated, there is a frequency 173.0750 licensed to the "State of New York, Division of State Police" in Warwick.

Does anyone know what this frequency is used for?

sc800

Thanks to both Richardd and ecps92. One question though, how come the frequencies are licensed through law enforcement agencies, rather than through lo-jack directly

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to both Richardd and ecps92. One question though, how come the frequencies are licensed through law enforcement agencies, rather than through lo-jack directly

Because the triggering mechanism is when the police enter the vehicle into the system as stolen. Lojack built it, but only an action by the police can trigger the system to transmit, making them the "station operator".

ecps92

Because the Frequency was originally an FBI Channel and the NTIA and FCC came to that agreement long long time ago...

You can probably google the history of how lojack sought that frequency, and the NAB protest due to Ch.07 VHF interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.