Oswego County

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
How far along is the buildout of the new UHF P25 system? Maybe they're testing some patches between VHF and the TRS.

chittshrek

I am going to probably say that is what they are doing as I know Madison and Oswego are real close to the new system and Cayuga is supposed to be mid to late 2012. I know we in Madison have been told on the fire side new pagers should be ordered near the end of Dec or begin of Jan.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Hastings Tower

The new P25 digital system in Oswego County has been turned on (Hastings tower confirmed).

Site 104 (T0104) System ID 2AE

460.3750 primary control
460.3250 alternate control

Heard a very brief communication on talkgroup 8001. Didn't catch what was being said. I would think you will only hear radio techs on there for the time being.

After the techs, maybe you will hear Oswego City PD, Fire, and maybe Fulton PD and Fulton fire on here first. Followed by sheriffs, then remaining county fire/ems units?? Its only a guess, but it appears that's what Onondaga and Cayuga County did. Started with city agencies, then slowing brought in county units (Cayuga County still only handling Auburn City PS).

Onondaga County- site 101
Cayuga County- site 103
Oswego County- site 104

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
That is an extremely helpful post, Len!

I was just wondering about this very thing a few hours ago. I wasn't entirely certain whether these four counties (Onondaga, Madison, Cayuga and Oswego) were building separate systems, or if they were all going to be networked as discussed on this Wiki page.

In fact, we had just created new systems for Cayuga County and Oswego County, but based on your information it's clear that we need to actually consolidate those separate systems into the existing CNYICC system as separate multicast sites.

Based on those site #'s you list, I think it's likely that Madison County will be Site 102.

If you could have a look at these three systems and confirm that they are indeed all part of this larger CNYICC system, that would be great. Any further info you can provide would be extremely helpful.

Central New York Interoperable Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network Trunking System, Syracuse, New York - Scanner Frequencies

Cayuga County 911 Communications (Project 25) Trunking System, Auburn, New York - Scanner Frequencies

Oswego County Public Safety Trunking System, Oswego, New York - Scanner Frequencies

mciupa

Database Admin
Last edited:

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
From what I can hear, they are simulcasting. I would imagine that interop/mutual-aid and NIMS talkpaths might somehow end up being patched together between systems. ??

If this was a multicast system, you would hear Onondaga County units/ talkpaths on the Oswego County system... but this is not the case. You hear each county on their own systems.

I would agree that Madison County will probably be site 102. Cortland and Jefferson County will eventually join this system also. Although, I have seen no FCC license filing at all from Cortland County. Jefferson has.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Likewise, I deleted the Oswego system and added the site to the CNYICC system.

I'm going to add Madison County as Site 102, so that the frequencies/licenses are visible. Hopefully that will encourage people to listen for activity and submit information. If we need to change the Site ID in the future, that's not a big deal.

chittshrek

As far as I have been told for madison county we are gonna start with FD paging first then move on to full fire and police shortly after. As soon as I know when pagers are ordered I will advise as it takes approx a month to get the equip and just a few days to get it up and running. I cannot wait till all this stuff is done as it will make my job easier as I will be able to hear calls better.

tomhrrs69

thanks for the update. I was wondering why Auburn was so quiet. I programmed the Cayuga county site into both my scanners, and APD is coming in loud and clear.

c0untyb0y

That is an extremely helpful post, Len!

I was just wondering about this very thing a few hours ago. I wasn't entirely certain whether these four counties (Onondaga, Madison, Cayuga and Oswego) were building separate systems, or if they were all going to be networked as discussed on this Wiki page.

In fact, we had just created new systems for Cayuga County and Oswego County, but based on your information it's clear that we need to actually consolidate those separate systems into the existing CNYICC system as separate multicast sites.

Based on those site #'s you list, I think it's likely that Madison County will be Site 102.

If you could have a look at these three systems and confirm that they are indeed all part of this larger CNYICC system, that would be great. Any further info you can provide would be extremely helpful.

ok... Onondaga County is the master site and all other counties surrounding it except for Cortland are utilizing Onondaga's master. so Madison = Site 102 is accurate and correct. Cortland's county legislature got cold feet when the idea of them not controlling, uh... owning the master site was debated and instead stuck out on their own.

I haven't been to too many Consortium meetings this year so I am not that well versed on where each member county stands on their progress. my hunch is that Madison and Oswego will be online in some capacity next year, Madison sooner than Oswego.

Status
Not open for further replies.