Long Island Fire Department Dispatch Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am taking a trip up to Long Island next week & spending 5 days just for scanner listening, the database for the Nassau & Suffolk county fire departments show quite a spread of frequencies far removed from the original 46.1 MHz & 46.46 MHz dispatch frequencies, VHF high band, UHF & 800 MHz trunked, my question is this, do all the fire departments still dispatch on the original low band frequencies or are these new frequencies their primary & only dispatch frequencies 24/7/365? If so should I presume that Nassau & Suffolk county fire dispatch is soon to be extinct?

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
I cant speak for Nassau County but in Suffolk its a mixed bag. 46.46 is still very active. All departments that do not have their own dispatcher are toned out on this freq by Firecom. Some departments work on UHF only and some others simulcast both on their UHF and the lowband 46.46

I would consult the database and throw in all the UHF disp frequencies listed as some stay strictly on their own UHF frequency.

ipfd320

Banned
NASSAU county also has a mixed bag of dispatched freqs...You didnt tell us exactly where on the island you are going to...that might help

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
About 30 years ago the low band county wide and division/battalion freqs became to busy for some departments. Most of the 90 or so departments in Nassau and the 110 departments in Suffolk have left the low band. With the exception of tone alerting the uhf/t-band listings are were you'll hear fire/rescue ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.