Help Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbouy

Hello, I am trying to program some trunked codes for Sufflok County, for my brother's scanner. I have no interest in this so it is confusing as all hell to me. I actually would like to know if there is someone on Long Island I can bring the scanner to for help. It is a Radio Shack Pro 197. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

innokuous1

Premium Subscriber
This is a link to a site that offers scanner programming for the Long Island area. I have never used this service, so I can't give it a thumbs up or down.

http://www.monitorlongisland.com/radio-programming

When I bought my Uniden BCD396XT I realized that the days of programming these things by hand are gone. I use Freescan, and I'm happy with it, however, it is only for certain Uniden models.

FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

There are other forums on this site that have more specific threads for software and programming different models of scanners that you may want to look at.

Hope this helps a little.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Since you have PM and e-mail disabled, I will reply to you publicly:

Monitor Long Island & W2LIE.net are my sites. I can program your brother's PRO-197 for Suffolk County. I've done more for Suffolk than I can count.

Give me a call during the day at 347-829-SCAN and leave me a message with your contact info and I will get back to you.

Phil / w2lie

Status
Not open for further replies.