New Orange 911 Fire link 46.160 on Arden...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Woodbury Fire Department's UHF to low band (46.160 PL 123.0) link to Orange 911 Fire is now up. I don't know if its still in the testing mode, but the frequency is 478.7375 and the DPL they are using is 315. It was repeating Ulster 911 PD Polling in the morning (testing) and now I'm hearing Orange 911 Fire on it. Its coming off Arden tower behind the Woodbury Commons. Strong signal, but the audio isn't all that great yet.

I haven't heard anything on their new operations repeater yet, 478.9125.

Is this repeater going to work similar to the Montgomery FD repeater on 453.825? As in you can hear most of the incoming traffic as well?

Some of the repeaters I listen to, I can't remember off the top of my head which ones, don't always rebroadcast incoming traffic (I guess because 46.16 is simplex??). On a related note...can you explain how the 453.825 repeater is able to retransmit almost all of the traffic on the channel, not just the OC to units?

azraphale

Probably a cross-band repeater in the true sense of the word. Both radios use a single frequency for input and output, one radio on one band and one on the other, and the COR and PTT lines are crossed between the two radios. That's how we did it at my squad.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Is this repeater going to work similar to the Montgomery FD repeater on 453.825? As in you can hear most of the incoming traffic as well?

Some of the repeaters I listen to, I can't remember off the top of my head which ones, don't always rebroadcast incoming traffic (I guess because 46.16 is simplex??). On a related note...can you explain how the 453.825 repeater is able to retransmit almost all of the traffic on the channel, not just the OC to units?

All depends on the location of the repeater, height and model of the receive antenna, filters, if multiple receivers are used, etc. Montgomery's repeater is located in Winding Hills park and most departments have a good shot into the receive antenna on low band, that is why you'll hear alot of them. Bullville's link is up on the Eagle's Nest in Bloomingburg...the height ASL is probably over 1700 feet. Compare that to say Washingtonville's which is up on the top of the water tank on Clinton Drive and you won't her as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.