President Obama Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Evidently somebody on his staff realized that Global Foundries would be the wrong audience for a campaign speech. The party has abandoned middle class working folks, and is now focused on college students. Hence the change in venue.

lafd55

Or the fact that Global Foundries is still and active construction site and no room for an address... He was at GE last year and I don't see a problem with visiting college students in the technology field. From HVCC to GE to UAlbany, I have never seen so many visits by one president before to one place.

D

DaveNF2G

Construction is probably the real reason. Good point.

kb2hpw

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - some of the remarks from people interviewed up in Saratoga county were not all positive, which I thought was amazing since it was actually reported by our local media. His popularity will be many times more positive on a University campus I would think, will be footage for his re-election endeavor. Majority of supporters, political allies in Alb county, law enforcement availability, proximity to airport, etc. (and yes too many blue collar workers at GF site, construction aside, won't necessarily be cheering)

anyway, curious too on radio traffic. Wonder if they will "freeze" many intersections like they did a few years ago. Traffic wasn't tied up too bad from what I remember. although many picture takers still parked on roads to snap a pic of AF1.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - some of the remarks from people interviewed up in Saratoga county were not all positive, which I thought was amazing since it was actually reported by our local media. His popularity will be many times more positive on a University campus I would think, will be footage for his re-election endeavor. Majority of supporters, political allies in Alb county, law enforcement availability, proximity to airport, etc. (and yes too many blue collar workers at GF site, construction aside, won't necessarily be cheering)

anyway, curious too on radio traffic. Wonder if they will "freeze" many intersections like they did a few years ago. Traffic wasn't tied up too bad from what I remember. although many picture takers still parked on roads to snap a pic of AF1.

Exit 12 Malta = Chris Gilson (R)

Nanotech = Cuomo / Schumer (DD)

Construction? Nanotech is under more intense construction than AMD.

kb2hpw

Premium Subscriber
Agreed. Fuller Road area is a mess right now. But with SUNY and State Campus nearby, I'm sure many loyal fans will be present. He goes where the applause is the loudest.

(wonder if any of the Occupy kids are still around? Wonder if they'll make their way to the epicenter? Could make for a good scanner day)

I would think campus security would be good freqs to listen to. Maybe even some of the construction co's working the sites, re-routing dump trucks, etc. Or maybe they will suspend some work for a little while while the SS drives thru.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
Agreed. Fuller Road area is a mess right now. But with SUNY and State Campus nearby, I'm sure many loyal fans will be present. He goes where the applause is the loudest.

(wonder if any of the Occupy kids are still around? Wonder if they'll make their way to the epicenter? Could make for a good scanner day)

I would think campus security would be good freqs to listen to. Maybe even some of the construction co's working the sites, re-routing dump trucks, etc. Or maybe they will suspend some work for a little while while the SS drives thru.

I wonder how long the SS has been here getting "ready"? ahem...

EDIT: Hey, if Leno can joke about it why can't I? :)

kb2hpw

Premium Subscriber
I was gonna take a shot at that one too :) but I'm sure many of those guys are prob on their best behavior now. Besides Albany isn't quite the best place thier boss has taken them to since he's been in office. I'm sure he and the missus have plenty of vac destinations yet for them to tag along.

kb2hpw

Premium Subscriber
Not too many happy truckers on CB CH19 with the closure of Exit 24 of 90, wow. Thruway 453.425 is also good listening, as they manage exit closures.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Each vehicle (even the local ones) in the motorcade had one or more of the mag mount antennas pictured. Anyone know make/model?

NYSP C-C & ESD were both encrypted or partially encrypted during the detail.

Attachments

• DSC_7783.jpg
    DSC_7783.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 594

lafd55

Those are "Secret" antennas, lol. Maybe someone in the Federal Forum or Antenna Forum would know...

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
POTUS visit to NYC so far today, monitoring from the 6th Ave & 51st area:

164.4000, N001 - PAPA
164.6500, N001 - TANGO
164.8875, N001 - OSCAR
165.3750, N001 - CHARLIE
166.4626, N001 - DHS COMMON
166.5125, N001 - ALPHA/SIERRA
167.0375, N001 - PPD

- Chris