Long Island Fire Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm moving back to Long Island & wish to monitor both county fire departments, outside of 46.1 MHz & 46.46 MHz, are the VHF high band & UHF frequencies listed in the database up to date for all the towns & villages? Thanks in advance.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I would say most definitely. The database administrator is relentless and meticulous in maintaining it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm not out there to listen firsthand, but I have done a lot of reorganizing and cleaning up of the Nassau and Suffolk fire frequencies over the past few months, with help from a few locals. The biggest change was to organize them all into their Battalions/Divisions, rather than one huge list in a single category. I hope it's a bit easier to actually find what you're looking for now.

As always, if any of you guys out there find anything that isn't right or is missing, please submit the updates to the database so we can make sure the most accurate info is available! :)

ipfd320

Banned
The List Here is Pretty Accurate....But there Inturn there Are some Depts That are Always Bouncing their Txmissions from 1 Freq to Another (ops Standard might not be it)(f/g might not be it either) i found that sometimes you have to programm them all in for a said dept.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Coming Back Home

Thanks guys, I was looking for accuracy because I am going to buy refurbished Vertex radios from Red Dog Radio for this endeavor instead of scanners, going to use LMR-600 coax feeding Larsen whips on their ground plane kits.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Like mentioned above, Some depts have only 1 freq, Some have 4 or 5. Some dispatch on one, then move to an "ops" channel or a fire ground channel. Some that have dispatch, ops and fire ground may only use ops.

Best bet is to put em all in. If I may ask, where are you moving to?

Last edited:

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
There is a minor correction that I am submitting to the admin.

Central Islip Fire: 460.1000 DPL 431 is dispatch/Truck to Truck Repeated
Central Islip Fire: 460.1875 DPL 371 is fireground and operated in Simplex.

I will say since the update, the database is very clean.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Corrections made.

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. I've been trying to whip all of NYS into good shape. Still have some work to do, but the bulk of it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.