NYSP 110.9 PL Base PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Similar to the change with Troop K last year, Troop F appears to now be transmitting with a 110.9 PL on their base stations. I only noticed it tonight, so I have no idea when they enabled it.

So far I can confirm Middletown is transmitting with the 110.9 PL, and it sounds like Liberty is still CSQ (although I'm a little too far away to hear Liberty clear enough to be 100% sure).

Please post any other barracks that are or aren't using the PL, and once they all are I'll update the database.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Getting reports that Troop A and Troop E are also starting to use the 110.9 PL on the base stations.

I've cleaned up the NYSP page a bit, removed a lot of redundant entries and have removed all CSQ tones on the base stations, which should put any scanners programed from the DB into "tone search" mode.

Please post any feedback in this thread as to whether you are starting to see the 110.9 PL pop up for your local troop base, including what barracks/zone you're hearing with or without the PL.

Just a little background, the NYSP is replacing their old MASTR II base stations with new MASTR III's as part of the narrowbanding process. As the new base stations go online, they will start transmitting with a 110.9 PL.

k2hz

Database Admin
Following up on my submissions re Zone 1 in both Troop A and E - I now have also heard Troop A Zones 2 & 4 base stations with 110.9PL on 155.505.

I am usually out of range of Troop A Zone 3 (Chautauqua Co) so maybe someone in that area can confirm.

I also think I heard a few Troop D transmissions on 155.505 110.9PL but I have not confirmed the zones yet. I will do another submission when I get more details.

acm10

this was supposed to be done last fall but some of the sites didnt get done.all troop zones in the state will be transmitting pl on the troop channel

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
That must be why in Troop G I still hear some Zone 1 stations transmitting 127.3 Hz. It seems to be split in Zone 1 between 110.9 and 127.3 Hz. Zones 2 & 3, or at least the sites I can hear, use 110.9 Hz.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yup, that's exactly why I cleared out all of the base PL's in the database. I looked at some of the Troops that had multiple PL's per zone on the base, which could effectively prevent people from hearing their local barracks. It was time to clean up that page anyway, this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Once we can confirm that the overwhelming majority of barracks are transmitting with 110.9 PL on the base, I'll go ahead and update the listings again.

MB

Feed Provider
The way I understand it is that each zone has their own PL (127.3, 146.2, 167.9) and each zone also has the ability to transmit troop wide with 110.9. At least that's the way its done in Troop B.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The way I understand it is that each zone has their own PL (127.3, 146.2, 167.9) and each zone also has the ability to transmit troop wide with 110.9. At least that's the way its done in Troop B.

Are you referring to the mobile PL's for each zone? Troop B wasn't setup with different base PL's in the database, so either we're talking about two different things, or the database wasn't accurate previously.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Troop G mobiles (154.680) are still setup to transmit the appropriate Zone CTCSS tone - 127.3 for zone 1, 146.2 for zone 2, 167.9 for zone 3, and 110.9 for 'troop wide'.

acm10

"Wherever possible, the State Police are beginning to incorporate CTCSS (CG/PL) privacy on mobile and portable radios. It was our intention that all the NYSP towers would have been set to encode tone, except on State, during the first preventitive maintenance visit of 2011, so receive channel guard can be deployed with future programming changes or radio upgrades to "subscriber units."

Any bases that were missed should have the programming checked while a technician is on site during the next service call, or on the second preventitive maintenance visit of 2011. This would include all fixed base stations, including any backup local bases or desktops with the ability to transmit to mobiles.

The encode program for main base stations is to be:

F1 Troop: 110.9 Hz - all zones
F2 State: remains no tone encode from remote bases
F3 (where present in repeater station bases) on Troop: 110.9 Hz - all zones

The encode program for auxiliary base stations (if present*) is to be:

F2 Car-to-Car: 110.9 Hz
F4 Data Troops E & G: 110.9 Hz - Note: ensure that HQ consoles cross-mute on TX and are not 4-wire full duplex to prevent feedback
F4 or F8 Tactical : 79.7 Hz
F6 Nationwide/VLAW 31: 156.7 Hz

* Note: the remaining Mastr Pro and Mastr II transmitters used on auxiliary channels are not type-accepted for narrowband operations, and will be turned off next year"

MB

Feed Provider
Are you referring to the mobile PL's for each zone? Troop B wasn't setup with different base PL's in the database, so either we're talking about two different things, or the database wasn't accurate previously.

The base stations were not accurate previously.

They must have just reprogrammed Troop B base stations. Last week they were transmitting on their respective Zone PLs and now they are all on 110.9 - (I just confirmed it). I have heard that during the month of August they will be reprogramming all mobiles for narrowband and they will also be adding the VCALL/VTAC frequencies and will scan VCALL in all vehicles.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Middletown is not transmitting with 110.9 full time, not from all their transmitter sites at least. I'm listening to them right now and I'm getting some transmissions with PL, some without.

I'm definitely going to have to hold off on adding the PL to the database for now, otherwise we're going to wind up having people missing transmissions.

SCPD

QRT
The base stations were not accurate previously.

They must have just reprogrammed Troop B base stations. Last week they were transmitting on their respective Zone PLs and now they are all on 110.9 - (I just confirmed it). I have heard that during the month of August they will be reprogramming all mobiles for narrowband and they will also be adding the VCALL/VTAC frequencies and will scan VCALL in all vehicles.

Just want to confirm not all bases have switched to a programmed PL as of yet... what I am hearing in Keene Valley has no PL accociated with half the transmissions....
I too hear Lewis on 110.9/167.9 and Plattsburgh on 127.3... But miss some transmissions in zone 2 if i program in 167.9/110.9 pls

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Well now that i think about it this will lock out Saratoga Springs ON 155.535 for us on the upper end of Troop F Zone 3.....yeah....so i hope the 110.9 pl moves along...

MB

Feed Provider
Just want to confirm not all bases have switched to a programmed PL as of yet... what I am hearing in Keene Valley has no PL accociated with half the transmissions....
I too hear Lewis on 110.9/167.9 and Plattsburgh on 127.3... But miss some transmissions in zone 2 if i program in 167.9/110.9 pls

Last week all bases (154.905) were transmitting there perspective Zone PL. Now this week all the bases appear to be transmitting 110.9.

Just program 154.905 in CSQ or tone search mode, then you will not miss anything. I have my BC898T set on 154.905 in tone search mode and every single transmission for the last two days on 154.905 has had a PL of 110.9.

SCPD

QRT
Last week all bases (154.905) were transmitting there perspective Zone PL. Now this week all the bases appear to be transmitting 110.9.

Just program 154.905 in CSQ or tone search mode, then you will not miss anything. I have my BC898T set on 154.905 in tone search mode and every single transmission for the last two days on 154.905 has had a PL of 110.9.

Noticed Ray brook was CSQ no tone till yesturday then 146.2 and 192.8
Now 110.9 as of today..
also seems to be be in fm-narrow and modulation is crystal clear..

Will keep an eye out as often as i can and let you know of any changes but for now in search mode :)

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Troop B, Zone 2, Canton, is now transmitting pl 110.9 instead of 146.2 like it had been.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.