FDNY Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

chidd_88

Premium Subscriber
This may have been posted before, excuse me if it has. I don't know to much about the FDNY or how they operate. Recently Ive been more interested in them and the mass amounts of info that goes along. My question is..on their engines, they have that big metal box on the top of the cab. What exactly is that box? Is it extra storage or what?

cackis

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.719 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Haz Mat Tech Units (Hazmat Engines and Squad Companies) use the box for the storage of their Lion Hazmat Suits and related equipment. I would assume decon engines would also use it for Hazmat equipment. I am unsure what regular engine companies are carrying up there, if anything, at the moment.

chidd_88

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.0.29990/28.2443; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Interesting, thanks for the info.

302trucker

Cackis is correct on the use of those boxes. They are only equipped on hazmat companies and squad companies, regular engine companies will not have them.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
You can have pretty much anything in them. All new engines will have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.