FDNY turned off VHF radios/repeater yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Has FDNY shut down their VHF radio and repeater system yet if so when are they going to? Are they still using VHF or just UHF now? Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
FDNY Repeaters

Yes..for the most part..they are shut down. They are now operating on UHF on new narrow-band freq. They should be posted on radioreference.com's data base for New York City. If you have a old scanner..you will not be able to program them in. You will get the wrong frequency in it. If you need more help..please email me back before 2:45pm as I will be at work till 9pm.

73's

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The VHF frequencies have not been turned off yet.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
FDNY VHF still "on"

Was listening to Brooklyn loud and clear on 154.370 this afternoon in my truck while on The Thruway in Amsterdam. All FDNY VHF frequencies have been reaching well into the Capital District for several months. So like Chris said, they are still "on".

cackis

Premium Subscriber
The FDNY Radio Shop is still in the process of replacing all of the VHF radios with the new UHF radios so all of the VHF frequencies are still working and being simulcast with the new UHF frequencies.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Also, while the new UHF freqs are "narrow band" ie: 482.xxxxx, I believe they are still 25kc channels. This, I again believe was to be ready for switching to 12.5kc, but now that the FCC has put off the narrow banding for the "T-band" they will stay 25kc.

n2nov

The FDNY UHF dispatch channels have 5 digits after the decimal point. Your radio would need to be programmed in 6.25khz steps and in NFM to get the best results.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
90% or more of front line rigs have.been changed.
VHF should stay active until end of the year.
Uhf is narrow at 12.5. Yes it doesn't need to be as a result of the FCC change however we had already built the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.