Care 1 EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Care 1 EMS has apparently been suspended by either NYS DOH or HVREMSCO. From what it sounds like ALS is suspended all over, and BLS is suspended in Orange County, but might still be running in Westchester.

I wonder what name is going to be ended to the end of the Empire State Ambulance/Regional EMS/Hudson Valley Paramedics/Care 1 EMS train?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
kc2kvy said:
I just miss Alamo :(

I remember when I worked for a competing paid service the common joke was walking to the bathroom and saying "I have to go take an Alamo..."

kc2obw said:
NDP actually isn't that bad...... They are a lot better then Transcare.

What's wrong with Transcare....other than them not telling me they are responding from 6 towns away in another County when I have two other Paramedic companies one town north and one town west of where I was.

In my opinion more towns should run their own paid ALS like Blooming Grove and New Windsor for example. Or better yet...paid County Medics. Why we haven't moved that direction compared to other States I've lived in is beyond me.

D

DaveNF2G

Can you say "Home Rule"? Shared resources and consolidation means loss of control over some fiefdom or other.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Or better yet...paid County Medics. Why we haven't moved that direction compared to other States I've lived in is beyond me.

See: Rockland Paramedic Services

What they did back in the early 90s by merging the then independent Good Sam and Nyack ALS programs was nothing short of a brilliant move that is still paying dividends. It took them a while to get into North Rockland, but now the entire county's ALS is provided by a single entity. Of course it certainly helps that they are a high quality organization.

D

DaveNF2G

Albany County has county paid paramedics also. They work for the Sheriff and only cover part of the county, though.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
In my professional opinion OC 911 response system is so antiquated it's not funny,it is very scarey to see how they operate. I worked PT in the system for a few years and I am amazed more people have not died. The whole 911 system needs to be changed. The FD's should be consolidated as well as EMS, paid and volunteer. There are so many times I hear dept.'s being paged out for mutual aid because other dept.s can't man their rigs it's amazing. Another thing,there are recruiting drives where I used to live on LI every month,yet here in OC I NEVER see any recruiting going on for any dept.'s. I understand the economy is making it hard for people to volunteer but without volunteers the only other choice is paid units. The system will eventually have to go to a county system with paid members all around. The system would be a paid department with no volunteers and then the taxes will rise and people will start complaining about it. People need to step up and volunteer, it's free training and there are other benefits.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
Haz-Tac

sc800

I have it on good authority that people with in OC Department of Emergency Services think it would be a good idea to start a countywide ALS service, but the county doesn't have the money to do so.

Apparently it is more important for Eddie D. to close the nursing home, rebuild the government center from the ground up, and start a school safety task force that includes mental health and the state police, but not his own sheriff's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.