DoITT 700MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know if NYPD will be using this system?

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Got a crystal ball?
With the FCC wanting to take back the T-band and Homeland Security pushing the nation wide use of the 700 MHz band for "interoperablity"! What's your guess?

SCPD

QRT
Got a crystal ball?
With the FCC wanting to take back the T-band and Homeland Security pushing the nation wide use of the 700 MHz band for "interoperablity"! What's your guess?
Don't know. That's why I asked. I'm guessing your answer is yes?

Analogrules

You wouldn't have to buy a new scanner because they would probably go encrypted shortly after moving to 700MHz. I don't wanna be negative, but it had already happened in south jersey. First step 700 MHz, next step encryption. New scanner would be a waste of money in my opinion.

ff026

Feed Provider
You guys are outta your mind if you think the police department is gonna give up the T-band spectrum that they have now. The amount of money invested in the system is incredible. It would have to be some incentive for them to give it up.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Nypd is so busy, they probably wouldn't gain anything by going trunked. I did hear rumors of FDNY going to APX UHF/700-800 and using talk groups on the new 700.

ff026

Feed Provider
Nypd is so busy, they probably wouldn't gain anything by going trunked. I did hear rumors of FDNY going to APX UHF/700-800 and using talk groups on the new 700.

Agreed. The techs and MOS in the radio shop don't like anything that preempts PTT, hence why no pre MDC1200. The whole trunking TPT, really goes against the grain of their thinking.

cackis

Premium Subscriber
SOC does have some APX7000 UHF/7-800 portables but they are not presently set up to use the DoITT 700 system, just the DoITT UHF and 800 MHz systems as well as 700 MHz I/O channels.

SCPD

QRT
I guess the the bottom line is wait and see. Thanks for the replies.

cackis

Premium Subscriber
You guys are outta your mind if you think the police department is gonna give up the T-band spectrum that they have now. The amount of money invested in the system is incredible. It would have to be some incentive for them to give it up.

I think you hit the nail on the head. NYC has a ton of money invested in UHF T Band conventional and trunking (and it works very well), and if I was a betting man, I'd bet in 20 years they'll still be there whether by waiver or the morons in DC finally figuring out that the D Block legislation wasn't thought out at all before being passed.......... Someone will start using the 700 MHz system, we'll just have to wait and see who it is.

There is no way the NYPD would ever consider digital trunking. The system would have to be twice as massive as the UHF conventional in place already. The coverage would need to be seemless and the audio would have to produce very loudly in the city enviroment. I reguarlly monitor Washington D.C and Chicago fire and they are always having ongoing issues with the audio on scene. The cost would be ridiculous as well to float on the tax payers, and we all saw what happened with the opensky system, I don't believe that the NYPD would support that.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
There is no way the NYPD would ever consider digital trunking. The system would have to be twice as massive as the UHF conventional in place already. The coverage would need to be seemless and the audio would have to produce very loudly in the city enviroment. I reguarlly monitor Washington D.C and Chicago fire and they are always having ongoing issues with the audio on scene. The cost would be ridiculous as well to float on the tax payers, and we all saw what happened with the opensky system, I don't believe that the NYPD would support that.

Until the day they license 1MW TV stations in NYC on 14, 15, and 16, NYPD will be keeping its t-band conventional system. And even then, It wouldn't surprise me if they sent ESU out to take down some towers.

maalox

i have the doitt 700 mhz p25 programmed into my bcd996xt never heard anything on it.

APX7500X2

Because you're scanner is not TDMA Phase II capable.

Weird I was listening the other day and they were on an FDMA talk group for hours. They were doing alcohol arrests "That guy has a coors light in his hand" and stuff like that I didn't get anything on a TDMA talk group.

KC2zZe

Highlighted sentence 1: Not true.

Highlighted sentence 2: In the limited context of OpenSky, you are correct.

Last edited:

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Maalox, contrary to what is in the DB for the DOITT 700 system, use 774.34375 for the control channel. You will also hear Phase 1 comms, for now, but not every day. I copied comms on TG565 that were Phase 1 and simulcast on the DOITT UHF system TG6112. By the sound of the delay, they originated on the 700 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.