Close Called frequency 160.560 at NY Penn Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Today, I close called this frequency on my analog uniden scanner at NY Penn. It was also quite active. It seemed like it was being used for track navigation. It was crowded and many trains were leaving around the same time. My scanner is old and does not have PL function, so I do not know the PL used. The only listing I can find for this frequency is for Amtrak use at the Sunnyside yard. Therefore, unknown why I close called it being used at Penn. Its range was poor though, because I stopped getting a signal as soon as my train departed Penn. Any ideas?

ecps92

Callsign: KRP920 Licensee: MTA-Long Island Railroad

Today, I close called this frequency on my analog uniden scanner at NY Penn. It was also quite active. It seemed like it was being used for track navigation. It was crowded and many trains were leaving around the same time. My scanner is old and does not have PL function, so I do not know the PL used. The only listing I can find for this frequency is for Amtrak use at the Sunnyside yard. Therefore, unknown why I close called it being used at Penn. Its range was poor though, because I stopped getting a signal as soon as my train departed Penn. Any ideas?

blaze

Premium Subscriber
160.56 is the MTA police direct channel, commonly used in and around NYP.
160.65 (which someone mentioned), is the Amtrak station services operations channel (e.g., redcaps, etc).

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Train frequency

The short range is most likely because the area is small enough that a repeater is not needed

Status
Not open for further replies.