Rensselaer co P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
So here is the skinny on the new Rensselaer County P25 system.

It will be a Motorola P25 Phase 1 system ( sorry i misspoke in another thread). The County is doing away with Low-Band Paging and going to VHF (unk frequency At the moment).

There will be 10 Towers total hosting 8 channels. Grafton tower is getting replaced, Bald Mtn, Lebarron, Buck Mtn, Tinley, Pinnacle. The new towers are going to be Petersburg (lease), Ridge rd.(East Greenbush-lease), Tsatsawassa (Nassau), Buskirk, Cooper hill (North Greenbush).

The new Main dispatch will be located out of North Greenbush (Cooper Hill).
The Backup Dispatch will be located at the Rensselaer County Public Safety Bldg,
The Regional Back up will be located at ComSec- NYSP HQ Latham.

Interoperbility will connected to the following systems Albany Co, Town of Colonie, Saratoga, and NYS DHSES. Also the system will have the Vcall Vtac and Ucall Utac system plans.

All County Law Enforcement Agencies will be switching over to the p25 system at some point in 2016.

Hope this information helps everyone.... HAPPY SCANNING!!!

D

DaveNF2G

Thanks for the update. It sounds like they are on the right track. Additional sites will help tremendously.

D

DaveNF2G

10 towers and 8 channels - does this mean they are going to be simulcasting? Yuck!

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
Yes they are definitely going in the right direction . And yes they will be simulcasting.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Well, it is going to suck for scanner users anyway. Another Saratoga County.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
Yeah but I don't think it will be that horrible like other systems I've monitored. Plus with the additional towers coverage shouldn't be too much of an issue except in a few spots (3 I can think of)

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
As of right now it's very minimal towers that needed to be built are almost complete.

The back bone of the radio system has arrived and being installed

The vhf paging is going 155.6550 which is the Rensselaer co sheriffs main channel

interoperability radio meetings have been completed with 4 out of 6 counties.

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Thank you for the info! I'm excited to have a better system, and definitely looking forward to having paging on VHF.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
So theres some activity on the Troy PD digital system new TGID 4181 - testing at this time came up 3 times while i was monitioring the system this am

D

DaveNF2G

4102 has been up for a while, too. Last I heard it, it was carrying TPD Dispatch.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
TGIDS that have been popping up on the Troy PDs Digital system as far as i can tell 4181/4183/4184/4189 are all School Related chatter janitors/maintenance crews talks of (PS 12) and (113) and leaky roofs idk if anyone also is monitoring but any help is welcome

D

DaveNF2G

I'll have to change my settings on that system back to ID Search. :)

D

DaveNF2G

I suppose I should have known better than to try finding radio traffic on a Friday before a holiday weekend. Nobody is working except for the police, apparently. :)

I did find that talkgroup 01-027 is not simulcast yet. It used to be called "Incident Command" but they have redesignated it to "Watervliet Incident" and were using it for primary dispatch starting just before 15:00 this afternoon. I have submitted the renaming to the DB.

The only GIDs I have seen on the Troy digital side (SID 00E6) are 4102, 4107, and 4189. Except for 4102, I have not heard enough traffic to guess what they are.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
I suppose I should have known better than to try finding radio traffic on a Friday before a holiday weekend. Nobody is working except for the police, apparently. :)

I did find that talkgroup 01-027 is not simulcast yet. It used to be called "Incident Command" but they have redesignated it to "Watervliet Incident" and were using it for primary dispatch starting just before 15:00 this afternoon. I have submitted the renaming to the DB.

The only GIDs I have seen on the Troy digital side (SID 00E6) are 4102, 4107, and 4189. Except for 4102, I have not heard enough traffic to guess what they are.
4189 has been carrying maintenance chatter maybe housing or school

n2wjr

Premium Subscriber
renssleaer county p25 system

from what i have been hearing i think i was told october 2016 they are going live

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
update

sorry for ive been busy the last couple of months and havent had much to report up until now.

so VHF Paging – the deadline has been moved to at least the end of December 2018 that the low band site go off line. The frequency for paging is – 155.655.

- VHF Digital Upgrade - All equipment is installed at Tinley Road site, awaiting approval of application to install antenna. Once complete, Law enforcement will switch to VHF Digital, leaving the former frequency for paging.

Back-up at NYSP ComSec – all equipment received and install work has been performed.

City of Troy PD is online and Tgs are being programed and placed and tested. also troy city schools are on this System as discussed above.

City of Rensselaer PD has gotten Harris mobiles and Portables

Town of East Greenbush PD P25 channels are online.

RCSD- P25 Channels are active testing has been done.

Not much of an update but One None the less

Status
Not open for further replies.