Central Vermont hearing Clinton Cty loud & clear.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

Hi neighbors. I was wondering what king of antenna does the Clinton Cty. Fire Dispatch use to broadcast their signal: 153.8750?!?

When they broadcast, it's like they're right outside my house they're so clear, 5 bars usually, on my BCT15X using an ST2 antenna mounted about 40' in the air.

My location is East Montpelier, VT. and as the crow flies, it's about 70 miles to Plattsburgh. I'm not sure where the antenna is located over there or if it's in Plattsburgh, but they sure do come in clear as a bell.

I wish all of my stations/frequencies came in as clear as this one does.

Sincerely, Steve

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Hi,

Here is a list of the antennas that Clinton Cty. Fire Dispatch uses for 153.8750 (WPVX589).
WPVX589 (CLINTON, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

Some of the towers are at pretty high elevation too, like Terry Mountain its at 2000 FT and the antenna is pretty high, im guessing your picking this up. Also East Montpelier is about 60 Miles away from the Terry Mtn tower. As for what kind of antenna, i don't relay know; there is no place on the RR Database to tell, it only shows the elevation..

Hope this helps.
-Nick

Septa3371CSX1

Could very well be omni-directional antennas in use. Also the listed output is 110 watts with the maximum ERP being 250 watts. So if the signal is being broadcast from high up on a mountain at 250 watts then it can travel a good distance. For comparison Chester County, PA has a maximum ERP of 300 watts on their dispatch paging channel (160.185). Their signal can travel a good distance as well even without being as high up as Clinton County, NY is.

Blackink

Could very well be omni-directional antennas in use. Also the listed output is 110 watts with the maximum ERP being 250 watts. So if the signal is being broadcast from high up on a mountain at 250 watts then it can travel a good distance. For comparison Chester County, PA has a maximum ERP of 300 watts on their dispatch paging channel (160.185). Their signal can travel a good distance as well even without being as high up as Clinton County, NY is.

Thanks for the info Joe...

Status
Not open for further replies.