Did Lackawanna PD switch to digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The database shows the new updated frequency.

Thanks!, It must of just updated as it wasn't in there earlier when I check or anywhere else.

It is NXDN so that means only a fews scanners will pick that up and they cost approx $500.

Another reason I need Whistler TRX series scanner.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
This is what happens when the county, region, or state fail to implement a system for all to use...... towns go off and do their own thing...:

Anyways; if your any good with a computer; you can save the money and by a SDR, you can monitor NXDN for like $20

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
This is what happens when the county, region, or state fail to implement a system for all to use...... towns go off and do their own thing...:

Anyways; if your any good with a computer; you can save the money and by a SDR, you can monitor NXDN for like $20

I could probably do that. I have plenty of computers and I fix them for many.

I did a quick search last year on a sdr but it didn't peak my interest then.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have new Whistler trx-2 and The new NXDN frequency programmed in but haven't picked up anything even while parked on it...any ideas?

rayzer007

I was told because of a national security concern in a certain area of Lackawanna ("that has a lot of stuff going on"), Homeland Security monies were obtained to encode their radio transmissions. They can no longer be monitored by the public.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I reset the DSP setting to default and Today I 'm receiving Lackawanna, They are NXDN and not encrypted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.