Buffalo Area NS Rail info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadwolf

I keep on hearing reference to a 'Panama' on NS Rail frequencies in the Buffalo area. Typically clearance from the bison runner, thru SK to Panama. The only reference I found in documents was in a 1999 NS timetable, suggesting that trains should always approach Panama expecting the gate to be closed, and prepared to stop.

I imagine it is either a yard, or industry. But the answer still eludes me.

Someone suggested it is NS's name for CP Draw, but I have heard them call CP Draw 'CP Draw', so I doubt it is that.

Any ideas?

k2hz

Database Admin
CP Panama is west of Bison Yard, near William St. Southern Tier Line MP419.9. It connects the Southern Tier Line to the Bison Yard West Lead. Basically, CP Panama is the west end of Bison and CP Broadway is the east end.

k2hz

Database Admin
I don't know the area that well but, from a quick look at Google Maps, I would say that is correct.

I was going to PM you with some more detailed info but I see you have PM blocked. If you can PM me with your email or a way to PM you I can give you some more detailed information about what you are hearing.

Roadwolf

I imagine it is because, while I have been a member for a while, I haven't posted too often. I imagine after this post you should be able to message me. I've been puzzling over this for a long time, so this has helped.

I wonder why the timetable maps I have from 1999 didn't show Panama, but yet mentioned a gate across the tracks at Panama. I don't recall seeing a gate there, but perhaps there still is?

k2hz

Database Admin
Panama is the west end of the signaled Southern Tier Line and the beginning of the Bison Running Track which is not signaled and is controlled by verbal permission from Panama to SK and Draw. CP Panama was established in 1999. I will send you details if I have a way to contact you.

If I attempt to send a PM I still get the message "Roadwolf has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." .

This is probably because you have chosen to not allow PMs in your user profile message options.

Status
Not open for further replies.