FDNY Queens Radio Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNYCBuff

is there any reason that the feed is getting Interference along with scanners that i use? ...The brooklyn feed is spotless, is there a difference with queens?

Danny37

I'm not sure what is happening but I'm hearing a lot of bleed as well from the queens dispatch frequency. It seems to be the Staten Island dispatch that's bleeding over, it's not breaking the squelch but it is there if you don't have the pl enabled. it's definitely messing with the receive quality.

TheNYCBuff

I'm not sure what is happening but I'm hearing a lot of bleed as well from the queens dispatch frequency. It seems to be the Staten Island dispatch that's bleeding over, it's not breaking the squelch but it is there if you don't have the pl enabled. it's definitely messing with the receive quality.

Yeah that's what i mean...You can hear it.. Definitely, I was just wondering if there is anyone that can possibly fix the feed....Maybe....thank you for ensuring it isn't only me...lol

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Strong transmitters on close together (narrow) frequencies, I'm assuming plays a major role. Other factors might be atmospheric conditions of a particular day and amount of simultaneous radio traffic on multiple fdny dispatch frequencies.
Even when monitoring from Motorola radios, there is static and broken transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny37

When I listen with commercial grade radio it doesn't seem to be an issue however with my yaesu it gets overloaded at times and cuts out.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Strong transmitters on close together (narrow) frequencies, I'm assuming plays a major role. Other factors might be atmospheric conditions of a particular day and amount of simultaneous radio traffic on multiple fdny dispatch frequencies.
Even when monitoring from Motorola radios, there is static and broken transmissions.

A good radio with proper filters shouldn't have any issue with immediately adjacent 12.5 kHz spaced frequencies, which are how some (not all) of the FDNY frequencies are spaced apart from each other. Of course if any radios are programmed for 5 kHz TX deviation, that could cause issues where they need to be 2.5 kHz deviation.

TheNYCBuff

Any idea on what's currently going on with the Queens fire feed???...I went to look at the audio from last night and all there was was a lot of static and nobody transmitting...

Status
Not open for further replies.