443.150 sl 1 cc1 dmr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Currently hearing talkgroup 3100 on the above repeater. Anyone know where the repeater is located or it’s callsign. 5x5 in Orange County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
442.150 is a different repeater over in Kent. This was definitely on 443.150 CC 1.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Heard again today, TG 3. It’s possibly in the New Windsor/Newburgh area based upon the coverage I’m getting.

D

DaveNF2G

Closing the circle...

K2HR belongs to the Alive Network Amateur Radio Club, with a mailing address in Baldwin Place, NY.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok. They are all affiliated to the N2NSA linked system / Bronx TRBO. I see NY4Z is the trustee for K2HR as well and has several repeaters under both callsigns on various websites. But the 443.150 is not listed on any of the sites and don’t see any coordination either. Still hunting.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI their 442.150 Kent machine is off the air due to site issues. I just threw the 443.150 frequency in my scanner here at my work QTH in Beacon, and comes in full scale on the scanner. I'm suspecting that 443.150 might be coming off of Mt. Beacon. I'm getting it full scale on the scanner and the window my scanner is near faces Mt. Beacon. Mt. Beacon is the only site at work that comes in nice and strong, all other sites come in pretty weak.

I pulled the antenna off and I'm still getting two bars.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Open spot

They may not need to be coordinated, but putting one in the repeater part of the band is at the very least lack of good ham practice and courtesy. If it is an open spot, the user should only need to run 1 watt or less to use it, and my DVMega only transmits on 1/10 watt so you should not be hearing it from any great distance. Probably someone who passed the Tech test, bought the necessary parts, and plugged it without doing any research about proper ham use of the frequency. Ham Radio Repeater Frequency Coordination is a good place to start.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Just an FYI their 442.150 Kent machine is off the air due to site issues. I just threw the 443.150 frequency in my scanner here at my work QTH in Beacon, and comes in full scale on the scanner. I'm suspecting that 443.150 might be coming off of Mt. Beacon. I'm getting it full scale on the scanner and the window my scanner is near faces Mt. Beacon. Mt. Beacon is the only site at work that comes in nice and strong, all other sites come in pretty weak.

I pulled the antenna off and I'm still getting two bars.

Sitting at Riverfront Park in Cornwall-on-Hudson and staring at Mt. Beacon and I think you are right with the signal I was getting as well.

Guys, I don’t believe he is running a RFShark through an external amplifier and blasting it out from Mt Beacon. Just a new repeater on the air that carries the 3100 talkgroup. Heard the North America talkgroup 3 as well.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Sitting at Riverfront Park in Cornwall-on-Hudson and staring at Mt. Beacon and I think you are right with the signal I was getting as well.

Guys, I don’t believe he is running a RFShark through an external amplifier and blasting it out from Mt Beacon. Just a new repeater on the air that carries the 3100 talkgroup. Heard the North America talkgroup 3 as well.

I've tried to key the repeater with no luck. It appears that they do not have the RX antenna connected, or they are using a non-standard input. From checking a few sources I'm being told they are testing that pair.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
They may not need to be coordinated, but putting one in the repeater part of the band is at the very least lack of good ham practice and courtesy. If it is an open spot, the user should only need to run 1 watt or less to use it, and my DVMega only transmits on 1/10 watt so you should not be hearing it from any great distance. Probably someone who passed the Tech test, bought the necessary parts, and plugged it without doing any research about proper ham use of the frequency. Ham Radio Repeater Frequency Coordination is a good place to start.

Not really understanding your point here.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I've tried to key the repeater with no luck. It appears that they do not have the RX antenna connected, or they are using a non-standard input. From checking a few sources I'm being told they are testing that pair.

Well tell your source it’s getting out really good over on this side of the river. Getting great coverage in Orange County. Nice to see more DMR coming up this way.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Well tell your source it’s getting out really good over on this side of the river. Getting great coverage in Orange County. Nice to see more DMR coming up this way.

K2ATY also has a DMR repeater on MT. Beacon on 441.01875 CC10 and is on the New England Trbo Network.

Attachments

• k2aty.jpg
    k2aty.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 375

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Hearing similar range quality now on 441.450 from same area. Looks like they might me trying another pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.