SaiaNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Hello Western New York/New York State hobbyists,

Just saw the Buffalo PD talkgroup 500124 I believe it is on the Saianet system. My best guess Is Buffalo PD migrating away from P25 and to MOTOTRBO? can anyone confirm why? I am a littler bit surprised by this as most law enforcement aren't too big are DMR..

I also noticed Buffalo/Niagara international Airport is also on there? are they migrating too?

Just thought I would put this out there!

Michael

D

DaveNF2G

I don't think anyone is going from P25 to TRBO. BPD might have some radios that talk on Saianet, or AMR (ex Rural/Metro) could be retransmitting BPD there for the benefit of their units.

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber

Just saw the Buffalo PD talkgroup 500124 I believe it is on the Saianet system. My best guess Is Buffalo PD migrating away from P25 and to MOTOTRBO? can anyone confirm why? I am a littler bit surprised by this as most law enforcement aren't too big are DMR..

I also noticed Buffalo/Niagara international Airport is also on there? are they migrating too?

Michael

I'm hearing Buffalo PD on 500123 also

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Buffalo PD and Fire have been replacing their XTS1500's with APX's, atleast what I've noticed, so them going TRBO, is highly unlikely, in my opinion. Everything on the BPD TG's on Saianet is simulcast. Every transmission is same same radio ID, and I've been monitoring it since i noticed it, including tonight. I posted in the Buffalo Simulcast thread, and my thoughts are either a, for interop with Buffalo Psych Center (State OMH Facility using TRBO) and any other agency using TRBO (ie D'Youville College Public Safety and whom ever else jumps on that wagon). Or b, as I was informed by another user the other day, maybe someone is a BPD Buff and works for Saia as a tech and did it.

In response to DaveNF2G, AMR is not on SaiaNet, they are on the LTR Passport system, and I've never seen anyone from AMR with any other radio other than the HT1250's. Generally speaking, in Emergency Services in Erie County, PD ALWAYS stays on PD channels, and Fire/EMS always stay on theirs. It is EXTREMELY rare for one to talk on another channel. The county has done a great job in pushing out interop channels and getting agencies to use them, and they get used when one is dealing with another (ie large events or incidents. Countywide PD, Countywide Fire, EC Interop 1,2,3, and FG 21, 22, 23, 24, as well as the UCALL/UTAC freq's).

ak716

Premium Subscriber

Michael

In regards to the BNIA going to SaiaNet, from what I was told from a BNIA CFR Firefighter, they went 400 Mhz, from the NFTA 800 MHz EDACS System for interop reasons. Most of Erie County is UHF, and when comms are needed outside their small agency, it makes it much easier. To prevent the cost of getting a repeater and channel and what not, they just hopped on SaiaNet, and had all the appropriate mutual aid/interop channels programmed. Why their field ops and their food service contractor when to is is beyond me.

D

DaveNF2G

In response to DaveNF2G, AMR is not on SaiaNet, they are on the LTR Passport system, and I've never seen anyone from AMR with any other radio other than the HT1250's.

That is useful info. Thanks.

5Rya

Buffalo PD and Fire have been replacing their XTS1500's with APX's, atleast what I've noticed, so them going TRBO, is highly unlikely, in my opinion. Everything on the BPD TG's on Saianet is simulcast. Every transmission is same same radio ID, and I've been monitoring it since i noticed it, including tonight. I posted in the Buffalo Simulcast thread, and my thoughts are either a, for interop with Buffalo Psych Center (State OMH Facility using TRBO) and any other agency using TRBO (ie D'Youville College Public Safety and whom ever else jumps on that wagon). Or b, as I was informed by another user the other day, maybe someone is a BPD Buff and works for Saia as a tech and did it.

In response to DaveNF2G, AMR is not on SaiaNet, they are on the LTR Passport system, and I've never seen anyone from AMR with any other radio other than the HT1250's. Generally speaking, in Emergency Services in Erie County, PD ALWAYS stays on PD channels, and Fire/EMS always stay on theirs. It is EXTREMELY rare for one to talk on another channel. The county has done a great job in pushing out interop channels and getting agencies to use them, and they get used when one is dealing with another (ie large events or incidents. Countywide PD, Countywide Fire, EC Interop 1,2,3, and FG 21, 22, 23, 24, as well as the UCALL/UTAC freq's).

What frequencies are FG 23 and 24? I only see 21 and 22 listed. Also what UCALL/UTAC frequencies are they using? Thanks

ak716

Premium Subscriber
What frequencies are FG 23 and 24? I only see 21 and 22 listed. Also what UCALL/UTAC frequencies are they using? Thanks

read the alpha tags under the Erie County tab for Fire, they are there. FG 21,22,23 and 24 are there. I submitted it a while ago to be updated and it was only partially updated, hence why it just shows it as the alpha tag. And UCALL 40, UTAC 41 and 42 are used by ECSO during Bills games. We've used them a handful of times in my department for large incidents and events as well. Kinda irrelevant to the SaiaNet topic thought, oh well. Pretty sure they used for more than just game days, however, I don't monitor them unless I'm operating on it

5Rya

read the alpha tags under the Erie County tab for Fire, they are there. FG 21,22,23 and 24 are there. I submitted it a while ago to be updated and it was only partially updated, hence why it just shows it as the alpha tag. And UCALL 40, UTAC 41 and 42 are used by ECSO during Bills games. We've used them a handful of times in my department for large incidents and events as well. Kinda irrelevant to the SaiaNet topic thought, oh well. Pretty sure they used for more than just game days, however, I don't monitor them unless I'm operating on it

I looked at the alpha tags and found 23 but still can't find 24. Is it Countywide Fire or Countywide Fire Police? Thanks

ak716

Premium Subscriber
What’s listed as Countywide Fire Police is Erie County Fireground 24

Last edited:

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Last week SUNY Buffalo (UB) Police Dispatch was simulcasting on 505801 from their UHF analog channel, now it appears all their users are on the system. From the sounds of it, they have been field testing it over the past day or two on SaiaNet. TONS OF DEAD SPOTS for them.

joespca

Ub and buffalo pd

UB police went to saianet and had them simulcast buffaloPD on the system so they can have an interop channel to communicate with buffalo pd. It was cheaper to go with saia communications rather then setting up their own digital frequency. Got this info from friend at ub police.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
thanks, that answers the question of why buffalo is on there. I find it strange that a state agency would pay monthly subscription fees, using DMR radios, when the state and fed gov't are pushing P25. regardless, its happening here, oh well!

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber
The cost to build P25 may be prohibitive, and the features the Motorola DMR provides is much better. Maybe this "government agency" is finally showing prudent spending.

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to UP public safety on 505801, and hearing some testing. They are reporting very good coverage, so whatever problems they had last week, may be resolved. I'm wondering if it was nothing more than adapting to the new radios.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to UP public safety on 505801, and hearing some testing. They are reporting very good coverage, so whatever problems they had last week, may be resolved. I'm wondering if it was nothing more than adapting to the new radios.

They were in some of the buildings saying multiple attempts to transmit, unsuccessfully in XYZ location. One of them they said they switched back to the mobile and reported the dead spot.

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure they will find dead spots in buildings. Many radio systems struggle with indoor coverage, heck cell phones struggle with this every day, lol. I have a buddy that works buildings and grounds and told me there are some in building bi-directional systems being installed to help public safety. Without knowing any details, I'm thinking the system is new, and covering a large area, including many large buildings, and they will continue to work to solve coverage problems, but lets face it, 100% coverage would be pretty unlikely, it's radio ;)

BusDriverDave

Premium Subscriber
Erie County Radios

It's been agreed upon that volunteer fire agencies will be on 400 kHz. for convenience and interoperability. BNIA Fire and Mercyflight are on the Saia Turbo, along with Lancaster, Orchard Park Police and LVAC. Bflo State Campus Police, Lackawanna Police and Twin City Ambulance are on FM Communications NXDN.

In my opinion those agencies will regret those moves down the road and may come back to UHF.

NFTA Police are still on 800 mhz.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
It's been agreed upon that volunteer fire agencies will be on 400 kHz. for convenience and interoperability. BNIA Fire and Mercyflight are on the Saia Turbo, along with Lancaster, Orchard Park Police and LVAC. Bflo State Campus Police, Lackawanna Police and Twin City Ambulance are on FM Communications NXDN.

In my opinion those agencies will regret those moves down the road and may come back to UHF.

NFTA Police are still on 800 mhz.

whoa whoa whoa man! First off, OP PD and Lancaster PD are NOT on SaiaNet. They are just conventional TRBO with Basic Privacy, same as Buffalo Psych Center. Secondly, Buffalo State PD, Lackawanna PD and TCA are also conventional NXDN, not on any FM Communications system per say. All of those agencies still have capabilities for interoperability because all of their radios they have can still do analog, which is what all of their associated/respective interoperability frequencies are. So, if they wanna do their own thing, by all means, do their own thing, but they all still maintain the capabilities to talk outside their agency. They are all on the UHF R1 band.....every one of those agencies. They are just running different modulation (NXDN/DMR/P25 etc).

If were talking opinions.....this is what happens when the county government/region/state fail to implement something across the board, causing everyone to do their own thing if you will, but my opinion is kinda irrelevant to the topic. On the bright side, at least the most of us are all in the same band (UHF R1).

Status
Not open for further replies.