New Years Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
In prep of New Years at Times Square, do we know what channels to listen to for NYPD other than MTN MTS channel? I can not recall what channels I held down last year but I remember like 4 or 5 others. thanks for the help and merry christmas/happy new year!

Danny37

For Times Square directly:

MTN, MTS 17
Citywide 1,2,3
SOD
EMS Manhattan Central
EMS citywide 1

But other areas get crazy

Almost all of Bronx goes up in flames so all the Bronx channels

Manhattan: 25.28.32, 19.23, 33.34, 1.5.7, 20.cp.24,

Brooklyn: 60.61, 63.69, 67.71, 73.75, 77.79, 81.83

Queens: 103.107, 105.113, 110.115,

Staten Island: 120.121

Analogrules

Also, I would monitor the NYPD Aviation channel, 123.100 I believe. As well as Citywide Media

Blindshooter

As stated earlier MTN,MTS,17th and EMS are all good channels but if you want just NYE then I would stay with CW 1 2 and 3. However if you are in the area of the ball drop then you should be able to get the TAC channels

Pyro658

As stated earlier MTN,MTS,17th and EMS are all good channels but if you want just NYE then I would stay with CW 1 2 and 3. However if you are in the area of the ball drop then you should be able to get the TAC channels

I am in NJ but was able to monitor the tacs from home. I will just have to scan around a little and see what I come up with for TAC use. Also you guys left out Port Authority Bus terminal is another good one to listen too.

Blindshooter

That's good you can get the TAC channels in NJ, I'm in NYC and can't get them on both a handheld and desktop. Port Authority is good but I think they are coverd by the MTN,MTS frequency. I know there is a PAPD channel but that covers bridges and tunnels not just the bus terminal. Usually on big events like NYE I keep my scanner on either the CW or SOD frequency and just switch over when I hear a good call at a pct.

Happy and healthy new year to you!

Pyro658

PAPD

That's good you can get the TAC channels in NJ, I'm in NYC and can't get them on both a handheld and desktop. Port Authority is good but I think they are coverd by the MTN,MTS frequency. I know there is a PAPD channel but that covers bridges and tunnels not just the bus terminal. Usually on big events like NYE I keep my scanner on either the CW or SOD frequency and just switch over when I hear a good call at a pct.

Happy and healthy new year to you!

Bus terminal Port authority officers are on the PAPD Trunked system under Interstate Ops

Danny37

I'm actually surprised you can receive Tac channels in Jersey. Since they are low powered simplex operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.