Monroe County Sheriff/RPD Radio Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyfromhill

Premium Subscriber
What is the channel setup for the portable radios that the Monroe County Sheriff and Rochester Police carry? I believe they use XTS 2500s and the RR DB makes some references to channels 11, 12, and 13 for the Sheriffs but does anybody have a list of how they are programmed?

fdny448

Premium Subscriber
What is the channel setup for the portable radios that the Monroe County Sheriff and Rochester Police carry? I believe they use XTS 2500s and the RR DB makes some references to channels 11, 12, and 13 for the Sheriffs but does anybody have a list of how they are programmed?

I think you are asking what channels “1-16” are in their portables, which the answer is it varies per agency.

Webster has its own analog repeater, so taking a channel away from say Greece just to have Webster’s analog repeater wouldn’t make sense. Greece also has a simplex channel for special police, etc..

If you are talking about channel 13, to the best of my knowlage it is a simplex channel used for single agency tactical responses and training. Ie: SWAT team wants to be on a separate channel to enter a house so they don’t have to hear all the rest of the world and the rest of the world can’t hear them. (unless they are close to an incident)

Status
Not open for further replies.