Buffalo PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rfus

Hey friends,

I recently moved back to the Buffalo area after a few years down south. I own a Uniden BCD325P2 but have only needed it for analog broadcasts. I cannot for the life of me get the Buffalo PD channels to air. I have no clue what I'm doing or not doing. I've read all the posts that Google brings up about the change, I've followed a few YouTube videos, used the Freescan software to import, and tried to enter the channels directly to no avail.

I had the Scanner Radio app playing while I was trying to set it up and there was definitely activity so it isn't that I missed it while it was scanning. Dispatch was talking to cars in C & E districts -- I had that channel (460.42500 NAC 144) held on my Uniden but it was silent. I've paused on all of them for periods of time and occasionally I will hear an exchange but it is VERY infrequent and doesn't match the dispatch feed on the app. It's bizarre and I can't figure it out. After two days of effing with it I'm frustrated and feel pretty stupid.

Can anyone provide some insight here or point me in the direction of a specified guide?

If there's a better place to ask, kindly let me know and I'll go there. Just figured local would be best.

Thanks.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering, how far away are you from the city? I'm in the southtowns and its fair reception on a portable scanner in my house. I still miss a few here and there....

I don't have that scanner, but looking at the manual, just a few things that might need to be done, without me actually knowing more about it, setting the P25 threshold setting (its in the manual how to do it), AGC set to digital?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
They're are now P25 digital. All the frequencies are listed in the RR data base

Rfus

Just wondering, how far away are you from the city? I'm in the southtowns and its fair reception on a portable scanner in my house. I still miss a few here and there....

I don't have that scanner, but looking at the manual, just a few things that might need to be done, without me actually knowing more about it, setting the P25 threshold setting (its in the manual how to do it), AGC set to digital?

Thanks for the tips. I'm in the south side of the city. Threshold is set to auto, and the AGC for the system is set to digital = on. Squelch is up all the way.

Is there anything quirky about Buffalo frequencies? I've programmed the thing as a conventional system, as a p25, tried both standard and one-freq trunks, set it for "all" or just digital. I've never had this problem. It's especially frustrating because I know it is something that's so simple but I just keep missing it.

Strange thing is I can enter a frequency directly and I'll get some audio, but only snippets. Or sometimes like I'm only getting half of the conversation. It's almost like I just can't hear dispatch. For example I'm held on 460.350 and just now I heard a car radio in but then nothing else. I am listening to the feed through a scanner app and heard the whole thing though, so I know there is more.

Rfus

They're are now P25 digital. All the frequencies are listed in the RR data base

I'm aware of this. My scanner is a digital Phase I & II. My issue is that I cannot get the digital audio for some reason, and I cannot figure out why. I detailed it in another response if you don't mind checking it out.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
What model scanner? What Antenna?
On a whistler trx series replace the stock antenna, Make sure dmode is set to DIGITAL. Mode is FM, time is at least 2.0 seconds or longer. Move the scanner in your house until you find the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.