Albany Area Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

timejammer

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the process of purchasing a Whistler 1040. Does anyone have any Albany area profiles that can be shared? I'm a geezer, but new to the scanner world....Many thanks

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the hobby and the RR forums! Do you plan to computer program your 1040, and if so, with what software? You'll have multiple choices: WIN500, PSREdit500, or ARC500, all of which come with a trial period to see which one you prefer. I own a RadioShack PRO-651 which is the RS-branded version of the Whistler 1040. While they are operationally identical, I'm not sure if the resulting software files generated by the above programs would translate to the Whistler model. I am currently using WIN500, although I have also used PSREdit500 too. As an option, you can always pick up a subscription to RR.com. It's inexpensive enough, and enables you to download frequencies and agencies of your choice to any of the above-mentioned software for uploading to your scanner.

timejammer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bob 550

I have joined the paid membership to RR....a bargain. I downloaded the demo of ARC500, and will probably make a first attempt with that. Still learning the lingo, and hierarchy of scanner trunking levels (systems, groupings, talk groups, etc.).....I'll let you know how my first attempt goes.......thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.