152.675 DMR CC1 - Buffalo Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Hey,

Looking to see if anyone else has had better luck getting this signal. I was scrolling around the spectrum a few weeks ago and got some weak DMR traffic on 152.675. Check of the FCC Database leads me to possibly believe its NYSEG. A look at their license shows a MotoTRBO emission on the frequencies. The signal im getting is just strong enough to get DMR CC1 TG 200 Slot 1 with a bunch of RID's talking, but the signal im getting is just weak enough where im getting broken voice bits here and there and nothing where I can make it out. I checked my usual suspect, Canada, well, atleast the RadioReference DB for Canada, and nothing at the surface is coming up where it would be coming from there.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Hey,

Looking to see if anyone else has had better luck getting this signal. I was scrolling around the spectrum a few weeks ago and got some weak DMR traffic on 152.675. Check of the FCC Database leads me to possibly believe its NYSEG. A look at their license shows a MotoTRBO emission on the frequencies. The signal im getting is just strong enough to get DMR CC1 TG 200 Slot 1 with a bunch of RID's talking, but the signal im getting is just weak enough where im getting broken voice bits here and there and nothing where I can make it out. I checked my usual suspect, Canada, well, atleast the RadioReference DB for Canada, and nothing at the surface is coming up where it would be coming from there.

It looks like you are hearing according to the database the Rural Fire Services Operations 1 channel for Oxford County (Ontario) which is the area encompassing around Woodstock, Ontario.

Matt

DaveH

Hey,

Looking to see if anyone else has had better luck getting this signal. I was scrolling around the spectrum a few weeks ago and got some weak DMR traffic on 152.675. Check of the FCC Database leads me to possibly believe its NYSEG. A look at their license shows a MotoTRBO emission on the frequencies.

So NYSEG is using DMR? Thought they were P25, at least according to RR DB.

Dave

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Wel, I don’t get a signal around here for their P25 system, and I got a signal for DMR that I couldn’t confirm where it was coming from and the license makes it plausible. Not saying they are using it, but anything is possible. But from what the other guy was saying, as usual, some stuff I can’t figure out is from Canada, that this maybe very well be Canada

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
So NYSEG is using DMR? Thought they were P25, at least according to RR DB.

They do have a large P25 trunked system.
Not to say they don't have DMR for a specific purpose, but they have an active P25 trunked system.

It's also possible they are just covering their bases with licensing (just because it's licensed doesn't mean it's real), or it's a mistake on the license.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I totally get having multiple emission designaters on a license and I know they have a large P25 TRS (however, not large or active in my area). I just found it strange getting a signal in southern erie county that was strong enough to decode some information from all the way up there, when i can barley get Chaut and Catt Co systems on some days.
Just found it and was inquiring thats all...

maybe the signal condition stars were aligned last night. I got a weak signal on the Orleans County towers last night too... which i dont normally get and its a decent distance away from me too...

k2hz

Database Admin
The FCC canceled many NYSEG P25 licenses for failure to construct the system after repeated extensions of time. NYSEG responded that they intended to change their system to DMR so there may be new DMR licenses.

I think the plan is to build out DMR first in the western area that was never completed for P25 and eventually change over to DMR statewide.

Status
Not open for further replies.