852.7500 OEM- mobile/vehicular repeater
853.8625 OEM- mobile/vehicular repeater
853.8875 OEM- mobile/vehicular repeater
853.9125 OEM- mobile/vehicular repeater
853.9875 OEM- mobile/vehicular repeater

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Any ideas if the OFPC uses any of the 800MHz frequencies?

Anything is possible. Your best bet is to program them and see if you hear any chatter. I've seen some OFPC personal with the Multi Band Harris Unity.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Quote"
I've seen some OFPC personal with the Multi Band Harris Unity.

Per my info all the unity radios have been recalled due to the fact they are too complicated for user to use efficiently. Not my words, but of some director who then ordered several hundred APX-8000's. Also from my info they operate on the local agencies channels too.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Quote"
I've seen some OFPC personal with the Multi Band Harris Unity.

Per my info all the unity radios have been recalled due to the fact they are too complicated for user to use efficiently. Not my words, but of some director who then ordered several hundred APX-8000's. Also from my info they operate on the local agencies channels too.

There are still some Unity's floating around in the field, along with some Kenwood 5200's.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
two support both of the last post:

A friend of mine works for OFPC, he said basically the same, however, recently was issued a Harris because they didn't have enough APX 8000's to go around at the time. He said the Harris's are too complicated for a lot of the guys to use

Now, on the other side.... I see SP with both APX's and Unity's, not sure the rhyme or reason there.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Now, on the other side.... I see SP with both APX's and Unity's, not sure the rhyme or reason there.

It depends on the Troop. I know Troop T is using APX and I think G is as well. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Sgt. for NYSP, he was telling me they are going to Kenwoods in the mobiles some time soon. One head, three decks, one for VHF, UHF and 7/800 Mhz.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
98% of Troop F are issued Harris portables. The notable exception is SP Haverstraw, who are issued APX 7000 VHF/7/8 portables on Rockland's system.

medic190

NYS OFPC

DHSES is transitioning away from the Harris XGP100 Unity portables to the Motorola APX8000 portables. Units are being handed out and Harris are being collected. They are not being 'recalled' due to complicated use, rather the firmware does not allow proper programming of the various trunked systems anymore... The portables are programmed with as many local channels as the end user (County / City / Town...) allow...

NYSP also have many Harris Unity radios and are running into the same issue, so I'd expect a transition to the APX's for them as well....

To answer the OP's question; OFPC uses 45.56 (OFPC channel) in lowband primarily while mobile. You may also hear them on the DHSES lowband regional repeaters, but not on a regular basis. Ofpc does not operate on the State regional OEM frequencies as a normal point and normally are not on 800 frequencies... While more 'local' you may hear them on the VHF frequencies assigned to NYTF2 153.770 or 153.830. On a rare occasion, they might be on DHSES encrypted channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.